Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Expanding

Hi there a little background info i am 16 years old have a 36 inch betteroutdoorproducts quick 36 ninja, stihl br380 blower, fs 90 and fc 90 trimmer and edger, commercial chainsaw, spreader, truck literally everything you need for a big time lawn service. my buddy has basically the same stihl equipment but a 42 inch lawn tractor and honda commercial mower. We have been working on our own for the past 3 years and are teaming up this spring and want to go bigtime while still in highschool. our goal is to have saved up over 15k by the end of the season. any tips on expanding and going big? and we already have 15 regular clients.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I assume your pay and your profits are all the same thing to you so if you have 15k left after expenses you met your goal.

Umm I would start advertizing 6-8 weeks before lawn season starts up it would give you some time to build up the accounts and react if your ads were not working as planned.

Your going to hear a bunch of the usual crap about partnerships but your 16 I say give it a try if it doesn't work out little harm done. But if it does work out then you will have a advantage over many of your competitors. I ought to know iv had a partner for 9 years now.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evins77 View Post
Hi there a little background info i am 16 years old have a 36 inch betteroutdoorproducts quick 36 ninja, stihl br380 blower, fs 90 and fc 90 trimmer and edger, commercial chainsaw, spreader, truck literally everything you need for a big time lawn service. my buddy has basically the same stihl equipment but a 42 inch lawn tractor and honda commercial mower. We have been working on our own for the past 3 years and are teaming up this spring and want to go bigtime while still in highschool. our goal is to have saved up over 15k by the end of the season. any tips on expanding and going big? and we already have 15 regular clients.
If you both have your own equipment and trucks then why are you partnering?

Does not make financial sense. A partner has to get half the profits. An employee $10 an hour.