Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-05-2011, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

This Quarter's Pesticide disciplinary Report

Each quarter the BEPC issues a list of Pesticide disciplinary actions taken & Closed in the last quarter. I could not help Noticing they gave out a lot more fines than usual for non licensed application.

http://www.flaes.org/pdf/Memo_873.pdf

Our Big Fear of fines actually comes from the Florida DOT as I posted about once before. The DOT rules and Regulation are much more strict and Fines are 10 times that of the BEPC. I just took a Seminar given by our local Ag Inspector on Tuesday. He couldn't stop warning everyone about DOT fines. The big point he made was DOT required more than the BEPC requires in the way of storage and transporting chemicals. A pesticide truck inspection also counts as a Hazmat inspection which a certain number are required for each DOT Officer each year. So a Pesticide company sign on your truck is actually a Target for the DOT.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very interesting, no surprise one of the local guys cited for no training and training records. Several years back one of his new guys fried one of my banks St. Augustine lawns on a nice hot August afternoon, the applicator could not even tell me what he was applying.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I am surprised at the vast number that only received warnings. Another thing that caught my eye is the difference in fines.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zturncutter View Post
Very interesting, no surprise one of the local guys cited for no training and training records. Several years back one of his new guys fried one of my banks St. Augustine lawns on a nice hot August afternoon, the applicator could not even tell me what he was applying.
Z Turn

Yes I knew you would enjoy that one as much as I did. We have talked about him before and have the same opinion. Seems the People in Tallahassee have the same opinion. He turned me in once for improper signage on my truck. He took a picture of it right in front of me. The only problem was his, because the signage was legal. There are too many small people in the industry. If they worried about them selves instead of others they would be a lot better off.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
I am surprised at the vast number that only received warnings. Another thing that caught my eye is the difference in fines.
Mike

If you aren't on the E mail list to receive these Memos, You can call Tallahassee and get on the list. Lately there have been more Warning letter because of the down economy. Many of those receiving warning letter are Newbie. Those getting fined are Older companies that should know better.

Watch for the OUT OF CATEGORY fines. They can be huge in some cases. These are people with a Certification and are applying to a different category. In other words a Limited License doing Turf application. The State looks hard at those than someone who has no license of any kind. The fact you have or had a Limited License means you know the law and have chose to break it.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice to see it was spread around the state. Maybe some of the knuckleheads will finally get the message. I think the fines should be steeper too if not in addition to criminal charges.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ric do you know why some only got a letter and some got some fines?

some of those fines are nice and fat...
Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Gregory

Fines are normally only given to those who ""SHOULD"" know better and are blatantly breaking the law. People with Licenses and applying out of catagory will get some of the biggest fines. Second time Offenders get big fines also.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

ric, i am surprised your buddy chad isn't on that list..lol
Old 11-09-2011, 07:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by billslawn89 View Post
ric, i am surprised your buddy chad isn't on that list..lol
Bill

YOUR Buddy Chad is on previous lists. The first link I gave was just the last 3 months. The link below should get to a List of past Reports.

http://www.flaes.org/aes-ent/memorandums.html