Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-10-2011, 10:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

funny stihl gas cap story

Dropped a mower off my deere dealer for work yesterday. As I was talking to the service manager this old man comes in carrying his trimmer all pissed off. He was wanting to drain the gas for winter, and had forgotten how to take the cap off. His vice grip was to small so he used a pipe wrench. He broke cap, twisted the fillets neck and looked like it was partially broke loose. He wanted to return it but was bought over a year ago, so i bought it and ordered parts to fix it. All together I got it for less than $100. He went on to get a name of local lco for next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

@jimslawncareservice - got a better one a guy comes up to me while I am doing his neighbors yard and says you look like you know what you are doing, can you fix this - he hands me what turns out to be a ten year old shin. weed whacker - the botton the lock the throttel had popped - I looked at it and asked who chewed the end of it - ah it was stuck in so I took pilers to it. Well you broke off, probably need to bring it in for service - how much he asks - I don't know at least and hour of bench work plus the parts - ah screw it if you can fix it you can have it. Sweet - my dealer put a whole new throttle assemble on it runs like a champ -$62.50 - oh and it came with a blade you could shave with.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Some home owners are funny. You know if most of them would just stop and think what they are doing they would save time and money. Oh well more to score for us
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, i got a real nice cox trailer vintage about 1990 inside 5x8 $200.00, it has been in a heated garage for 10 years on blocks - I had to clean the spiders out of it though!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Always have to keep your eyes open and money in your pocket because they don't come along often.
Posted via Mobile Device