Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Pencil in lazy time...I like that...I need to do that !! Sold another one today...225 ft of C-9s and a 3' wreath...I'll take it. Hoping to close at least one more for this week.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Updated the numbers...added a total of 38 new jobs. We got close to you Dave . Phone very quiet today - no new installs for tomorrow -- was hoping to close another one this week but I'm not sure that will happen. It's okay -- we're tired and still have alot of work to do before takedown starts. Feeling so extremely blessed that we had our best season ever -- God is good!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

sold an add on yesterday and my new appointment cancelled, but have an appointment scheduled tomorrow and had a website inquiry tonight. so the interest is still out there. I did close one on the 15th last year. We will see. feels like the season is over, but maybe one more is out there.

I am very tired and have lost my hunger for new work though. I know my guys want to keep working, but I am spent. I have not had a true full day off since around 10 days before halloween, I even worked a few hours on bookwork and marketing stuff on Thanksgiving. I really need to switch gears for preparing for takedowns and for next year by filming jobs and taking photos for postcards.

I did take some photos tonight, and gotta tell you, I forgot how hard it is to get a good christmas light photo even with a 900 buck camera and tri-pod. I probably got 3 out of 25 that was usable over a 45 minute period. lots of f-stop, shutter and iso changes to find just the right sky and exposure.

timer and mirror up setting helps.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

did 3 appointments in the past 2 days, but no closes. pretty sure we are done for the year. doing some fixes, gfci rain dance, landscape lighting and front fence going up. honestly, though, I wish we were just shut down and doing fixes only. I am spent energy wise. I know the guys want to work, but my heart is just not in it. 10 days til Christmas.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with you man .... we are finished counting down the days to take downs now lol

We ended up just over triple last years sales not to shabby!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Installed the last one today.

We were done and then had 12 calls over the weekend, turned down all of them except 1 that just wanted to do something, since she is between 2 existing customers I met with her last night and sold a $950 job, she is already looking to add next year....unreal....

Now I am doing a "don't rain dance" since they are calling for a pretty good chance of the weekend, already looking for "paid volunteer" just in case it rains and we have to deal with GFI's over the weekend.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you. Rain tonight and tomorrow.. doing the rounds tomorrow early evening to make sure everythings gtg .. We still have cleanups to do so we are really pushing things to the end. Had to pass on a few jobs because of lack of material. I have to put the link of rhe article te paper did of us and a cd cOmpany by us on here. Merry Christmas and thanks for all the advice
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2011, 02:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

We continue to have guys do fixes for about 1/2 day each day. seems as though we can skip wednesday and sunday, but then the next day ends up being a full day. mostly timer issues, gfci's, bulbs out, mini's out, etc. 2 guys have pretty much finished up 2 landscape light clients, rebulbed several jobs, and front fence project has 8x8 posts up, stringers about 2/3 done, ve and pickets should start tomorrow. was hoping to finish fence by friday, but the gate and tying it into old fence will probably take some time the next week.

gotta fly to detroit next tuesday or wednesday to drive back the used boxvan I got on ebay. hopefullty a good deal, '97 ford e350 , 15 footer, 73000 miles and one owner. had to replace the one with the blown engine. may still end up putting a rebuit engine in the old one.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Member

We did one last new install on Tuesday as well! Crazy!! But she was close to our home, C-9 rental -- she will add next year. Unfortunately it rained hard the other day, and they're anticipating rain again on Christmas Eve. Ugh...but not as many GFCI calls as I had expected.