Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-23-2011, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Still haven't closed many. I have the development that I wrote about in my thread where we are doing a rental for all of the houses that are currently being built and for sale, and a large downtown section with a small store front and at 9 houses total. Wish we were alot further along but being my first year I am pretty happy. I have talked to a Producer for news magazine show in Boston and when we get the neighborhood all lit they have interest in working it into a spot on their show along with me doing some basic safety tips. I have half of the neighborhood lit up now and should have the rest done by tuesday.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

closed 2 more today. up to 26 new clients. 1 from internet web search, 1 from yellow pages. tomorrow is thanksgiving. exhausted.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
closed 2 more today. up to 26 new clients. 1 from internet web search, 1 from yellow pages. tomorrow is thanksgiving. exhausted.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too. Your posts drive our business..Thank You!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Happy Thanksgiving all!!
2000 Cat 312B
2000 Cat 304 CCR
2000 Hyundai H70
2012 Scag V Ride
2009 Ferris IS3100 z
Brown Bed Edger
Multiple trailers, hand tools and smaller stuff
A son to teach the value of life, business and honor
Old 11-24-2011, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Gretzmier View Post
Me too...exhausted....wait all year for the lighting to start and then cant wait for it to end....

Going to set up a crew, had a customer we could not get the roof on due to rain yesterday and she was throwing a fit....whatever....but I had a couple guys ask if there was work so I am sending them out for a couple of hours....

Still trail David on sales, may not catch him this year, only have 4 appts books tomorrow and Saturday. Sold 2 more yesterday and a 1,000 upsell to an existing.

Have a safe and happy thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

hope everyone had a good turkey day. I relaxed, scheduled and firmed up the schedule for the next 6 days, and we are full until next thursday. some are rehangs that wanted it hung after Thanksgiving, which was awesome, and I am hoping to sell enough the next 5 days to keep guys booked as long as possible.

In 2009 we closed 12 jobs after Thanksgiving, and in 2010 we closed 20. ( but I did not count the rental deals until the end). I would be happy with anything in between that.

This year I am counting all rentals as I go in that one neighborhood I do rental, rather than wait until the end and add them in. so I am still probably a bit behind 2010, maybe even or ahead of 2009.

I still have about 9 jobs I have not heard from. maybe some of those will call in the next week and give us more work as well. my hope is to get half of those and sell 14 more new ones and keep us booked and try to keep busy til December 9.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

We are at 27 new jobs. I knew you would catch up to me David . We have enough to keep the guys busy 'til the 8th (with some wiggle room) which works out well 'cause then we have to get the boat decorated and ready for the parade on the 10th as well as Santa in the Park for the City.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:24 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

closed #27 today. Happy about that. but the phone did not ring like I thought today and am not booked solid with appointments like the past 10 days. even today I only had 2 appointments. I did book a couple for monday.

would love to book all crews through December 8th. looks like we will finish all current installs by the 1st or so if the weather holds. Had a couple more calls on the "have not heard from" list. one in , one out. still have 9 on that list.

but had to watch Arkansas get beat by LSU today. Why is it we are in the one side of the one conference in america That has the number one and number 2 teams. but 10-2 in the regular season ain't bad. maybe we can win a bowl game this year and be 11-2. looks like the cotton bowl. Go hogs !
Old 11-26-2011, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have decided to cut out all new resi sales next year. Tired of running around estimating projects for some one to say "oh i had no idea it would be that much" when it says right on my web page $1,000 minimum.

Focusing on large retail and commercial establishments next year.

I'm also going to start my sales in July so that I'm not so crammed into the two week window.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yard_smart View Post
I have decided to cut out all new resi sales next year. Tired of running around estimating projects for some one to say "oh i had no idea it would be that much" when it says right on my web page $1,000 minimum.
That's why when we set up the appointment on the phone we tell them we have a $500 min. Several hang up. Saves the running around.