Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-08-2011, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Just picked up a nice and easy account

$180/mo. EOW year round. No grass, all plants, garden type landscape. Easy customers, extras, what more could u ask for?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds peaceful. My favorite accounts are just me, my Felcos and a trash can. I'll keep those for myself. Turned my "new" foreman loose last week. Now I can hopefully reduce my field time.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Sounds peaceful. My favorite accounts are just me, my Felcos and a trash can. I'll keep those for myself. Turned my "new" foreman loose last week. Now I can hopefully reduce my field time.
It is. Best part is they said, "you are the expert." Don't have to deal with people trying to tell me what to do. I tell you, I hope I can keep picking up accounts like this. No mowers, weedeaters,etc. Plus they are paying more to have someone do the job right.

Good for you. You gonna stay outa the field completely, or significantly?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=diamondlandscaping;4209410]It is. Best part is they said, "you are the expert." Don't have to deal with people trying to tell me what to do. I tell you, I hope I can keep picking up accounts like this. No mowers, weedeaters,etc. Plus they are paying more to have someone do the job right.

Good for you. You gonna stay outa the field completely, or significantly

Significantly, my nature is still to go by the accounts that were just done and double check. My goal is no layoffs for anybody. Now my pool side usually see's a spike this time of year and my tech is at his max now. So I might be back to a dip net and flipflaps anyday now.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=Patriot Services;4209415]
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
It is. Best part is they said, "you are the expert." Don't have to deal with people trying to tell me what to do. I tell you, I hope I can keep picking up accounts like this. No mowers, weedeaters,etc. Plus they are paying more to have someone do the job right.

Good for you. You gonna stay outa the field completely, or significantly

Significantly, my nature is still to go by the accounts that were just done and double check. My goal is no layoffs for anybody. Now my pool side usually see's a spike this time of year and my tech is at his max now. So I might be back to a dip net and flipflaps anyday now.
Best to stay busy anyways. How come you get more pool biz in the winter?? I would think it would be opposite. I also have another question for you, when you lived in San diego, was rancho Santa fe developed? I was looking at properties there and they seem like 2+K/mo. accounts minimum.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Great work Diamond, persistence pays!

I'm cruising for a couple of days...
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It was just being built up when I was there. Early 90's so cal was really flush with money from the "new" WWW. I kept mostly within city limits. Even back then the cost of living was crazy high. My housing allowance was higher than my military check. There was far less competition back then as well. Im sure theres a bunch of garden yards since half a million only gets you a 1200 sq ft house. Are you looking to invest out there or relocate and start over? I think pools spike from the water getting cold. They turn off the heaters and water temps will drop to 55 here.

Jvan- one word. DISTURBING.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It was just being built up when I was there. Early 90's so cal was really flush with money from the "new" WWW. I kept mostly within city limits. Even back then the cost of living was crazy high. My housing allowance was higher than my military check. There was far less competition back then as well. Im sure theres a bunch of garden yards since half a million only gets you a 1200 sq ft house. Are you looking to invest out there or relocate and start over? I think pools spike from the water getting cold. They turn off the heaters and water temps will drop to 55 here.

Jvan- one word. DISTURBING.
I really want to move out there. I loved San Diego and Southern Cal. when I visited this past Jan/Feb. Rancho Santa Fe seems like it is the Jupiter Island of Southern Cal with estate lots and tons of landscaping. Even the small La Jolla lots look like they could easily be 150-200/mo. for little work. Sure, cost of living is high out there, but it isn't cheap here on the SE coast of Florida. My goal(if it lines up with God's will) is to build my business up here over the next 5 years, sell it, move out to San Diego and start up again.

I have a customer here who is from San Diego. He started a pool biz out there with a friend and they blew up quick b/c they were professional, spoke english, etc. He said I would do great out there b/c I am the same. When I was out there, I didn't see one professional looking company. I figure a guy with knowledge, english speaking, and professional could do great out there.....
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I was getting 160 in La Jolla, Coronado and Point Loma 20 years ago. The all american pro look is what we used with great success out there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
I was getting 160 in La Jolla and Point Loma 20 years ago. The all american pro look is what we used with great success out there.
Posted via Mobile Device
In your opinion, do you think there are more jokers out there or here? We have tons of hacks(illegal and American) over here. Was a 21" your primary mower? What kind of grasses were you cutting?
Posted via Mobile Device