Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-09-2011, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Member

adding pest control into lawn services

i am a new owner of a lawn and landscape maintenance company. i would like to add fertilization and pest control to my services.

in order for me to do this i would have to hire someone with a pest control license because i do not have one.

my question is, what would be the best way to do this if i have no pest control accounts yet? what im asking is would i hire someone full time or part time because full time would mean i need atleast 250 accounts. and i do not want to throw away the money on having someone not producing.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Member

You could go tell all your existing maintenance customers that you are going to be offering pest control services in the future and wanted to know if they wanted to sign up for a discounted introductory price. This way you would get enough work to hire someone part time at least for those accounts until you got more up and going. Hope this helps
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

The best way is to contact Ric as he is offering the required training the state of Florida requires in order for you to provide these services.
Florida has a stringent apprenticeship that makes it difficult for one without a degree in Turfgrass Agronomy or Entomology to enter this arena of service - hence my recommendation to contact Ric.
And if he doesn't offer this any longer he is regardless a valuable resource I, for one if I were in your shoes, would cultivate.
I have been in this industry going on twenty years now and I occasionally still bounce ideas off him.

Tags
employment , fertilization , how to , pest control , training