Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Need advice from the "Higher Up"

Last Friday "11/11/2011" I did a leaf clean up for a new customer took 4 1/2 hours to complete. We took all of the leaves from the front of lawn and moved them into the driveway. The back yard is quarter grass / quarter dirt / and half swamp... So we blew all of the leaves in the back over to the end of the driveway. The woods along their house are about 12 ft wide and go about 4 ft back. So we blew them threw the woods to the other side which is owned by the town. I will upload pics now

The husband called me back today 11/16/2011 saying their are leaves all over his yard again. Theres a HUGE brim of leaves supposedly. Which he says blew all over his yard. There is one small brim i couldn't get threw the woods, about 1ft wide, and like 1ft high. They want me to come back and do their whole yard again. Heres the pics.

Let me know what you think i should do.

Just started

Backyard (Small pile of leaves by left of page, Which is by the swamp)

Side yard (1ft brim by middle of page)

Front yard almost complete.

Let me know guys!

Tom
Old 11-16-2011, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say "why did you wait this long to call me back?" and that you are NOT responsible for acts of God which I'm guessing is what caused the blow back into the yard.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Did he tell you that you could dump the leaves in the woods or did you just assume and go ahead with it?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro36 View Post
Did he tell you that you could dump the leaves in the woods or did you just assume and go ahead with it?
The property that the leaves where blown on to is owned by the town. Leaves have been dumped by the town their, so instead of loading them onto the truck and dumping them i just blew them threw. It took atleast 1 and a half hours to blow them threw the woods "like 12ft wide, and like 5ft long so they would hopefully not blow back threw...

Tom
Old 11-16-2011, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have some wooded properties where I can dispose of the leaves. But I still mulch up the leaves and bag them with my accelerator bagger. I will walk the bag in the woods a bit then dump the mulched up leaves. There is simply to many leaves to try to mow or blow in the wooded areas. I would rather just do it right the first time also blowing that many leaves can be just as time consuming as bagging them up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Man you need to go back and see what it looks like. If the leaves you blew into the "berm" are all over the lawn I think you should blow them back into the woods and do a better job this time. If they are leaves that fell from trees after you left, tell him it will be more money. Has he paid yet?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes he has paid. I spoke to the home owner and we agreed upon my company going back and "clean up the brims and push them farther into the woods" he said they did not make it back onto the lawn yet. But he would like it addressed before they get to the lawn. I agreed and will be heading over there friday to do what i can.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont get it. In the original post it says he said they are all over the lawn. Not in the previous post it says they are not. Im confused. Either way, I think you are doing the right thing by pushing the berms back.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post
I dont get it. In the original post it says he said they are all over the lawn. Not in the previous post it says they are not. Im confused. Either way, I think you are doing the right thing by pushing the berms back.
Thats what it sounded like when I talked to him first. But he would just like the birms pushed back more.

Also... He said his deck was not cleared off too? Are "we" supposed to blow off the deck too?

Tom
Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone3 View Post
Thats what it sounded like when I talked to him first. But he would just like the birms pushed back more.

Also... He said his deck was not cleared off too? Are "we" supposed to blow off the deck too?

Tom
When I do a leaf clean up, I try to get all the leaves, so I'd say yes.