Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2011, 07:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Dixie Chopper

Hi Guys,
I have a Dixie Chopper XW 2002-60 that I purchased new in 1998. I bought it to mow approx 3 acres when I lived in Ms. I flew r/c helicopters and needed to spend more time flying than mowing Presently the mower has 212 hours on it (bought the mini tach too) and sits on a trailer in my garage. This mower has always been kept in a garage. Moving to Florida in 2003 and into a subdivision negates the need for such a mower. I'm thinking of selling it and putting the car in the garage. Yards are so small that when I first moved here, I would weed whack it. Neighbors looked at me kinda funny LOL Got a little push mower because it would fit thru the gate and makes the yard look nicer. What do you think would be a fair asking price for the mower? The emerg. brake does not work and the mower has the web style tires instead of the knobby tires (an upgrade when I bought the mower)
Thanks for your input!

Conrad
Old 11-11-2011, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wrong area for this on LS plus this appears to be an old post from years ago.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Dixie Chopper

Sorry for placing the post in the wrong place. This is my first time to sign up for LS, so no previous posts have been made. I"m a newbie and will learn where to post properly.
Thanks for pointing this out to me!
Conrad
Old 11-11-2011, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

trying to delete thread, but no option on "Thread Tools" is allowing me to do it. Should i just try to edit and erase my posts? any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Conrod

Sounds like this might be a good mower with the low hours etc. But two things against it is the Age of the Mower being 13 soon 14 years old and The Down Turn Economy. An other factor to consider is the time of the year. First year failed Cutter are selling off equipment to pay the rent now that grass has slowed down. This just isn't the best time to sell. It is the best time to buy Equipment.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Ric for your reply. Yeah..wrong time of year for sure. I was just wanting to get an approximation since it has low hours. I gave around 7500 for it and bought a trailer with drop down gate (all expanded metal mesh) for 800. Used trailer to get mower from dealership to home. I really enjoyed the mower and it did a fine job. I have used the trailer to take the mower to different flying fields for a quick mow
Again,
Thanks for your reply.

Conrad
ps. I'm guessing 3200 for the trailer and mower....your thoughts?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrod View Post
Thanks Ric for your reply. Yeah..wrong time of year for sure. I was just wanting to get an approximation since it has low hours. I gave around 7500 for it and bought a trailer with drop down gate (all expanded metal mesh) for 800. Used trailer to get mower from dealership to home. I really enjoyed the mower and it did a fine job. I have used the trailer to take the mower to different flying fields for a quick mow
Again,
Thanks for your reply.

Conrad
ps. I'm guessing 3200 for the trailer and mower....your thoughts?
Conrad

Given the Low Hours and a Trailer the $ 3200 should be a bargain for some one WHO HAS THE CASH. Florida has the Highest unemployment in the nation and it is a Cash Buyers Market. If you are looking for a fast sale, Don't expect to get the true value. If you can wait it out, you should get $ 3200.

PS I don't mow any more. I only do pesticide applications now.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Ric.
I was thinking the same. It IS tough around here. I'm in construction and everybody is starving.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Conrod,

First welcome to lawnsite. Second give details about the trailer. I am not a Dixie Fan myself but if the total package is correct we might be able to come to an agreement as I am thinking of adding another trailer/truck this coming year.

Pictures of the trailer and mower along with specifics about the engine brand and size in HP will help not only myself but others that may be interested in it with the details.

Thanks,

Michael

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

$3200 is kinda high for an old dixie. 60" cut is another down fall too. As you noticed its pretty big for most lawns here. I'd say around 2k for the mower. A mesh bottom trailer is only like 700 new. I understand the low hours but age is just as bad on stuff as hours. A lot of rubber and parts that just aren't common anymore.