Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-11-2011, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
. A lot of rubber and parts that just aren't common anymore.
Parts and the uncertainty of the companies future would be my concern...but yes in the real world I would think the price is a little stout...but you never know for until the engine etc is given. 60 can be idea for commercial or larger estates but yes has a limited market - especially in Windermere were you are at - a majority of the lots are really really small.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

If the mower is as you describe, $3200 seems like a good deal for the mower and trailer.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
$3200 is kinda high for an old dixie. 60" cut is another down fall too. As you noticed its pretty big for most lawns here. I'd say around 2k for the mower. A mesh bottom trailer is only like 700 new. I understand the low hours but age is just as bad on stuff as hours. A lot of rubber and parts that just aren't common anymore.
Unknown

I agree after 10 years, parts become a problem and This mower can be subject to down time while hunting down parts. But if your yards average 2 to 5 K this is not the mower for you. The 60 inch chopper was designed as a mow & go machine on large properties. As the seller said he bought it to cut 3 acres not 3 thousand sq ft. Why beat up on a guy trying to pay the rent if the machine doesn't fit your needs??

Is this set up worth $ 3200 ??? Maybe. Will it sell for for $ 3200 this time of year in this economy?? Unfortunately Not. Those experienced businessmen who have the cash money are looking for Newer models with Service centers. Those start up guys don't have the cash money.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Unknown

I agree after 10 years, parts become a problem and This mower can be subject to down time while hunting down parts. .
Its a 98 parts are easy to find You get parts for a newer one and will fit on the 98 DC didnt change much between 98 to 2005 reson I know this is I have a 95 and a 2005 the parts interchange One thing about DC They found a design that works and never changed it
That good far price on that DC if you was near me I might buy it