Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Ok Ric you need to talk more slowly I don't understand. How does a John Deere saleman know which chemicals require licenses? I am not in the spraying business but my yard is being eaten up by grubs. So I pop in over here to get some clue about what to use and walla here is the thread.
Ed

Ok here is some sunshine. Pesticides are either RUP (Restricted Use Pesticides) or GUP (General Use Pesticides). RUP can only be purchased by Certified companies and must be signed for. RUP products must be Documented on every drop or grain of the product and where it is applied.

GUP products may be purchased by anyone and there is no record keeping requirement.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Ed

Ok here is some sunshine. Pesticides are either RUP (Restricted Use Pesticides) or GUP (General Use Pesticides). RUP can only be purchased by Certified companies and must be signed for. RUP products must be Documented on every drop or grain of the product and where it is applied.

GUP products may be purchased by anyone and there is no record keeping requirement.

I guess that info is on page one of the pdf. for the various chemicals? There is so much info on those sheets for the chemicals that I would need a master degree to read them.

Ok thanks I promise I won't come over into the Florida section any more.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post

Ok thanks I promise I won't come over into the Florida section any more.
We welcome outsiders, the forum has just contained us here as we do not always play nice with others.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I personally love it when some Yankee tells us Southern lawn turds how they do it up north
Old 11-22-2011, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
I personally love it when some Yankee tells us Southern lawn turds how they do it up north
"But that is not how we do it Up Home."

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 11-26-2011, 07:56 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=hilde123;4213886]I was replacing a patch of sod and found these critters (probably 3-5 per SF) beneath the sod I cut out. Are they White Grubs?

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/sc012

white sugarcane grub with milky disease as seen in figure 3
Old 11-27-2011, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

[QUOTE=the_bug_guy;4227454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilde123 View Post
I was replacing a patch of sod and found these critters (probably 3-5 per SF) beneath the sod I cut out. Are they White Grubs?

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/sc012

white sugarcane grub with milky disease as seen in figure 3
Bug Guy

I find your link interesting from a Politically Correct Tree Hugger stand Point. Note this university report says ""THERE IS NO CHEMICAL CONTROL FOR WHITE GRUBS"" We in the pesticide industry know that statement is a pure out & out Lie. Do I have to say any more??

Old 11-27-2011, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Ric;4227783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bug_guy View Post

Bug Guy

I find your link interesting from a Politically Correct Tree Hugger stand Point. Note this university report says ""THERE IS NO CHEMICAL CONTROL FOR WHITE GRUBS"" We in the pesticide industry know that statement is a pure out & out Lie. Do I have to say any more??

meridian aloft areana they all get em
Old 11-27-2011, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=Ric;4227783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bug_guy View Post

Bug Guy

btw ric remember opie is never wrong
Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm no chemical applicator guru but it may have something to do with agriculture practices -sugarcane agronomy- as opposed to turf.

Preventive control requires the use of long residual insecticides, such as imidacloprid (Merit®, Season-Long Grub Control®), thiamethoxam (Meridian®), halofenozide (Mach2®, Ortho Grub-B-Gon®, Grub-Ex®), clothianidin (Arena®), or chlorantraniliprole (Acelepryn®). These products give good control of newly hatched grubs. The best application period is during the month or so before egg hatch until the time when very young grubs are present. Preventive control requires the use of long residual insecticides. Professional combination products (e.g., Allectus®, Aloft®) have a pyrethroid and a neonicotinoid insecticide premixed together, which could be used to try to reduce both adult and larval populations.