Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagrider22 View Post
Where in Ohio do you live? Ive lived in Ohio for 30 years and I dont think I even know anyone that has been robbed. Also Ohio and Texas gun laws are almost identical, you can shoot anyone who invades your private property and that includes your car even when your out on the road.
I lived in Columbus Ohio for 8 months back in 98-99, maybe the laws were different then. I would bet money the laws are different regarding personal protection of ones property. I even have the right to protect my neighbors property with force, with or without their permission.

I'm not debating who's state is better, just mentioning my experience. Bottom line, its well known in Texas to NOT steal. I'm not a trigger happy redneck, I just enjoy lower crime as a result of our citizen rights. I will protect my life and my property with out fear of prosecution.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StihlMechanic View Post
I lived in Columbus Ohio for 8 months back in 98-99, maybe the laws were different then. I would bet money the laws are different regarding personal protection of ones property. I even have the right to protect my neighbors property with force, with or without their permission.

I'm not debating who's state is better, just mentioning my experience. Bottom line, its well known in Texas to NOT steal. I'm not a trigger happy redneck, I just enjoy lower crime as a result of our citizen rights. I will protect my life and my property with out fear of prosecution.
Ok that makes sense, the gun laws have changed a lot here in the last 5 years. They are pretty much shoot first ask later. We dont have the right to protect a neighbors property though.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

wouldn't hurt my feelings if a lot more were shot for stealing.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
As for all the tough guys that say they woudnt hesitate to take a life, you obviously have never found yourself in that situation. There is no good feeling from it. You never "get used to it" unless you truly have no soul.
Posted via Mobile Device

What about popping the guy in his dang leg so maybe he won't be able to run away as fast next time? And as to that being "deadly force" or not.. well, I guess it depends on where you hit him in his leg and if he gets away and to a hospital, or if he gets away to hide somewhere, passes out and bleeds to death.

Look, in the old days, if you were a friggin outlaw known for multiple aggravated robberies, they didn't throw you in a jail cell for the rest of your life if they ever caught you, they strung your ass up and put an end to it.. that's the problem now a days, if you're caught dead red handed "oh well, just live out my life in prison with the taxpayers paying for me". Now, if it was "holy crap gonna be hanging from the gallows" , maybe crime WOULD be less.

And to the fella that said about our crime rate being 5.something and the other places so low, that's because in Texas, when you shoot the criminal the law finds out about it, it is obvious that in YOUR state, people have gotten so tired of reporting crime only to have nothing done about it, that they've given up reporting it even.. so yeah, your crime rate is going to be lower because of that.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

You dont shoot someone in the leg. You aim for the solarplex and fire untill the threat is no longer there. If there is no threat to your life , you dont fire at all.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by newz7151 View Post
And to the fella that said about our crime rate being 5.something and the other places so low, that's because in Texas, when you shoot the criminal the law finds out about it, it is obvious that in YOUR state, people have gotten so tired of reporting crime only to have nothing done about it, that they've given up reporting it even.. so yeah, your crime rate is going to be lower because of that.

SOLO OPERATION
Old 11-21-2011, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Member

I think it is always easy to say what you THINK youd do in any situation that a firearm is involved, but when it comes down the actually being in the situation, its really hard to judge someone one way or the other. I don't think I could or would shot someone for trying to rob my truck/trailer, but if they are robbing me personally.. or are at all on my property/in the house, I think Id have no problems defending myself or family with deadly force. But who knows, I might just stand there and piss my pants... lucky I have never had to find out.

The right to defend yourself should certainly be there in any case, and Im glad I live in Florida as far as gun laws are concerned.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickleylawncare View Post

The right to defend yourself should certainly be there in any case, and Im glad I live in Florida as far as gun laws are concerned.
Then you would like our laws. One has the right to defend life and property anywhere they have a legal right to be and if they are not the aggrssor they are immune from civil suit.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post
Am i the only one who thinks its idiotic to shoot someone to protect their property? I mean, you have to be real messed up to do that. I have insurance to cover stolen property anyway. This year alone i have detained over 30 people for taking something that did not belong to them (aka stealing). Not once did i consider shooting them.
If you've killed before, you can surely do it again
Old 11-24-2011, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Florida has a "stand your ground law" which has done little to deter crime. In fact several people wound up on the other side of the law using that as a defense argument. As for all the tough guys that say they woudnt hesitate to take a life, you obviously have never found yourself in that situation. There is no good feeling from it. You never "get used to it" unless you truly have no soul.
Posted via Mobile Device
22 married kid yep pretty much at that point