Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 AM
weaver weaver is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC669 View Post
My BR600 starts right up when its cold. I'm still going to buy a Redmax 8500 so I can have the best of both worlds!
So which one's better? The Redmax 8500 or the Husqvarna 580 BTS?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 PM
TMAC669 TMAC669 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N/A
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
So which one's better? The Redmax 8500 or the Husqvarna 580 BTS?
Im having second thoughts on the Redmax. Went to the local power equipment store and this things is like walking around with a mini bike on you back. Way too heavy. Price wise its $100 more than the BR600. Seems like way to much back pack blower for everyday use.......just my .02
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Ridin' Green Ridin' Green is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC669 View Post
Im having second thoughts on the Redmax. Went to the local power equipment store and this things is like walking around with a mini bike on you back. Way too heavy. Price wise its $100 more than the BR600. Seems like way to much back pack blower for everyday use.......just my .02
That's one reason I bought the Husky 570 (RM 7500). It is extremely close in power to the 8500/580 (and actually scours debris that is stuck down better), but a few pounds lighter, and only a couple more than the 600. I own both the 570 and the BR600. The 570 is worlds ahead in power when you really need it, and ten times more comfortable for run times over 15 minutes thanks to its vastly superior harness system (better than the straps that come on the 7500 too). The 600m is plenty for blowing grass and dirt under normal conditions though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl G
I can also tell by looking back to see how they're hanging and often reach back and feel them to see how firm they are.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 AM
rreyn1812's Avatar
rreyn1812 rreyn1812 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Arkansas
Posts: 444
RedMax

My local BobCat dealer just started handling the RedMax and he is very high on the 8500. Ran into him the other day and he now has a demo unit he wants me to try. After reading all of the above and reviewing the specs & reviews on the RedMax web site, looks like I will have to stop by and check it out. I have a Husky 170BT backpack blower and it doesn't come close to the specs on either of the RedMax or Stihl 600, but it does a really good job with the heavy leaves we get around here. I will probably be somewhat concerned about the weight though. My Husky is not the most comfortable thing to haul around on my back for long periods & the RedMax seems to be pretty similar weight. I like the lighter weight of the Stihl without a substantial drop in either volume or speed of air output.
__________________
Rick R.

2009 Nissan Titan pullling a 18 ft PJ Trailer
2011 Kubota ZD326S (60") - 26HP Kubota Diesel
2010 Bob-Cat FastCat Pro 48" w/Accelerator (20HP Kawa)
Non-commercial 21" walk-behind
Blowers (Stihl BG85/Husqvarna 170BT)
Trimmers (Stihl KM110 & FS90, Kawa Multi-Tool)
Chainsaws (Stihl MS180 & MS362 w/20 & 24" bars)
& misc hand tools & equipment
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM
TMAC669 TMAC669 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N/A
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by rreyn1812 View Post
My local BobCat dealer just started handling the RedMax and he is very high on the 8500. Ran into him the other day and he now has a demo unit he wants me to try. After reading all of the above and reviewing the specs & reviews on the RedMax web site, looks like I will have to stop by and check it out. I have a Husky 170BT backpack blower and it doesn't come close to the specs on either of the RedMax or Stihl 600, but it does a really good job with the heavy leaves we get around here. I will probably be somewhat concerned about the weight though. My Husky is not the most comfortable thing to haul around on my back for long periods & the RedMax seems to be pretty similar weight. I like the lighter weight of the Stihl without a substantial drop in either volume or speed of air output.
The Husky is worth looking into, the BR600 is a great all around backpack blower. It may not be the most powerful but it starts right up, not too loud, not too heavy, and sips the fuel compared to the Redmax. Now if you are one of those guys who has to have the biggest and the baddest whatever it is, then the Redmax 8500 is the blower for you. If you have an application where you need the power of a walk blower but don't want to use a walk blower then the EBZ8500 is for you. If you have any back issues do yourself a favor and pass on the biggest baddest backpack blower on the market (Redmax EBZ8500).
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 AM
jones68 jones68 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Frostburg, Maryland
Posts: 403
I have stihl br550 and redmax ebz8500 the redmax is head and shoulders over the 550. i find it very comfortable and not to heavy. but im coming in at 250lbs myself. that being said i use the stihls for everyday mowing and blowing the redmax for cleanups. now i use the redmax for snow removal this time of year. it works great on sidewalks and blowing off cars. if i had to choose only one blower to have in my garage it would be the redmax 8500. it is just too good for spring fall and winter.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-10-2013, 03:44 AM
KG26 KG26 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Birmingham MI
Posts: 130
Red max is a work horse, parts are stocked almost where ever you go, rather simple to fix and they look good.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM
crazyflyboy30 crazyflyboy30 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
So which one's better? The Redmax 8500 or the Husqvarna 580 BTS?
The Husqvarna 580 BTS is the Best all way all way round for me I love it so far and I got better price on the 580 for $477.07 out the door at my Husqvarna dealer than the Redmax dealer would do on a 8500 was $595.00 out the door.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.06696 seconds with 7 queries