Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-23-2011, 07:19 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Well, color me surprised. A Chevy outperforming the competition in Chevrolet commercial.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Of course, Chevy is selling their product it has to look good. BUT, I still don't understand your reasoning with the ratios, not saying you're wrong, i just don't see where you're coming from. To me i see three trucks all in the same class (1 ton) preforming the same test with multiple drivers, multiple times.

I also agree with what you're saying with the ratios, by putting a smaller one on the chevy and a larger one one the ford and dodge, the chevy will lose...These videos are proof that chevy has more torque. It proves it's best in it's class. Basically what you just said was like saying that you and i are in a weight lifting competition, in the same weight class but I can lift more than you, and i win. Your defense is saying that it's not fair because my muscles are bigger and if my muscles were the same size as yours you'd beat me, right? Same class, of truck but who has the bigger muscles...

I enjoy getting different thoughts on different topics, so by no means am i saying you're wrong, i'm just saying i'm right lol j/k
Incorrect. It's like everyone with the same muscles (800 ft/lbs of torque) in a weightlifting competition, but the judges make every contestant hold the bar in a different width, thereby making it harder for some and easier for others (Chevrolet).

I can't believe I even answered that question with such a simplistic analogy.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow this OP has a very limited understanding of a lot of things. And who buys an 8000 pound, $50000 diesel cause its the fastest in a bs video? My 04 dodge cummins is doing 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds so apparently it is superior to all.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCastille View Post
Incorrect. It's like everyone with the same muscles (800 ft/lbs of torque) in a weightlifting competition, but the judges make every contestant hold the bar in a different width, thereby making it harder for some and easier for others (Chevrolet).

I can't believe I even answered that question with such a simplistic analogy.
Theres nothing wrong with simple analogies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDiepstra View Post
Wow this OP has a very limited understanding of a lot of things. And who buys an 8000 pound, $50000 diesel cause its the fastest in a bs video? My 04 dodge cummins is doing 0 to 60 in under 5 seconds so apparently it is superior to all.
I think you assume too much. Limited understanding of a lot of things is relative. Don't get too hyped up about a video, I'm sure you're dodge is great truck...I personally think it's a well put together video, with real life scenarios.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Theres nothing wrong with simple analogies.

I think you assume too much. Limited understanding of a lot of things is relative. Don't get too hyped up about a video, I'm sure you're dodge is great truck...I personally think it's a well put together video, with real life scenarios.
Im not hyped up at all. But the video sure is.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

While I do like GM trucks better than the other brands (personal preference), all of these videos from the manufacturers are made to make their truck look better than the others. Chevy, Ford and Dodge would not put out videos, sponsored by them, to make their trucks look worse than the other brands.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 11-27-2011, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

U take your stock dodge vs ford vs chevy. Hook everything up - see what happens. I will put our GMC 2011 diesel against anything out there right now. You load a trailer, you measure sag in the rear end, you pull goosenecck or bumper hitch trailer all wieghing the same - check your gas mph, anything you have. I think your hyped with the 08 dodge!

Me and my father in law did this. He has 2011 dodge diesel - sorry but his dodge didn't fair that well. Although we all had fun with though!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meets1 View Post
U take your stock dodge vs ford vs chevy. Hook everything up - see what happens. I will put our GMC 2011 diesel against anything out there right now. You load a trailer, you measure sag in the rear end, you pull goosenecck or bumper hitch trailer all wieghing the same - check your gas mph, anything you have. I think your hyped with the 08 dodge!

Me and my father in law did this. He has 2011 dodge diesel - sorry but his dodge didn't fair that well. Although we all had fun with though!
This is somewhat of the point that i'm trying to make. Of the tests Chevy did in the videos, these tests showed that the Chevy HD out preformed, the sag test is important to me, pulling that amount of weight especially up an inlcine is important to me, and the flex test was pretty interesting too.

You're saying the videos are bogus but they(the different trucks) were put through the same test multiple times and Chevy highlighted it's strengths, which was the point of the videos. Of course Chevy is going to make a video to sell their product, but the tests aren't bogus, Chevy is showcasing the strengths of their trucks compared to the competitors IMO. Anyhow, I think they're great!

Last edited by TriCityLawnCareLLC; 11-27-2011 at 11:31 PM.