Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Please LOOK at my web site. Opinions needed!!!

I want opinions as to any mistakes or how i could improve or what changes I could make.. Added Pics..

jcslawnservice.com

Thanks

Josh
Shindaiwa
Boss V's
Hiniker scoop
Old 11-01-2011, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I like the look. A lot. That said, it is not optimized for the search engines. You need to get your metas and keywords done better. Think about your geographic target market and use those towns, keyword the heck out of it for the google bots etc so you index highly. For example, (just took a random photo example) - http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/...0157620779.jpg - google can't see pictures but it can see the words that tag the picture. Name those in keywords that rank highly for what that pic is, like "perfect mowing job Moonville, IN".

I could go on, and on and on but you'd die of boredom. I've just done marketing/advertising for a long time...

It's great you have a blog. Keyword that too. The web crawlers have a short attention span so keyword early (not often, that is considered spammy). Learn about short and long tail search terms. Optimize EVERYTHING towards them.

Your About Us needs to have what you do and locations served in there. Florida, Edgewood, Chesterfield, Middletown etc. and blog about lawn service Edgewood for an H1 header etc.

The internet is a funny thing. You want to engage the viewer, which I think your site does a great job at. You also need to engage the web crawlers so that you rank highly. If you're not on the first page, you may as well not bother.

Lawn service (town)
Lawn maintenance (town)
Landscaping (town)

Use years. 2012 and 2013 would be a good start. Use those in your blogs, like things you look forward to doing in 2012, tips, what 2013 might bring from industry news stuff...

Wash, rinse, repeat. You get the idea.
There are companies that do this but you can likely figure it out on your own. Check out a site called seomoz dot com. It has tutorials that are pretty darn good.

I'm not dissing your site at all. I think it's great. It just needs optimization.
Good luck!

Last edited by willowick; 11-01-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I find the site to be very easy to navigate through and pretty well layed out. Things aren't too cluttered and the pictures speak for themselves.

The one thing I noticed is that under your "Athletic Field Managment" section you had a nice list of services that you offered for athletic fields. But when I clicked on the "Property Maintenance" section, I really only found a a bunch of pictures (which isn't a bad thing) but I would have liked to see the list of services you offer for typical properties in that sections. I later found the list of services under the "About Us" section, I would take the service list out of "About Us" and move it into the "Property Maintenance" section.

Now that doesn't leave much in the "About Us" section. So I would suggest giving a little history of you and your company in here. Add a company picture if you can too.

I think the blog is pretty unique on your site.

Overall, I think it is very well done.
John Deere walkbehind
81"x18' trailer
Stihl handhelds
Old 11-01-2011, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hew willowick. I have no idea on how to do what you speak of.. I do 100% completely agree. I want to do all those things but I am having a hard time finding someone to do it for me..

765-617-3298

Josh
Shindaiwa
Boss V's
Hiniker scoop
Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like the website..below are some random thoughts/proofing

Not a sentence: "My experience from Purdue University and our years of hands on experience, we can ensure your sports turf performs as well as your players."

Why the irrigation picture in that section?

Says commercial equipment but that looks like a homeowner Z in picture.

"When you need lawn service that can willdeliver the high quality and reliable service that deleteyou can count on, look no further. With over 15 years in this business and counting, we continue to give each customer a custom package that fits there needs and budget."awkward sentence/unrelated thoughts

Licensed for spraying what?

Tree and Shrub pruning instead of bush?

"•Emphasis on total quality and satisfaction, no job too small or too big" unrelated thoughts in same bullet

The about us is usually more of a bio than what you have...a lot of that stuff would fall under the services provided and business philosophy category. About us is usually a writeup of the owner and the history of your business...year started and where, expansions, number of employees, office location etc.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not a website expert by any stretch, but I think you have a great site.

I noticed that in the sentence below, you have the wrong spelling of the word "their". You should check all your spelling to make sure it is correct, and that you look as professional as you can. Also, I think I'd lose the semi blurred picture and the shot of the mower deck from below/front. They really don't add anything IMO. All in all, I'd say nice job.

When you need lawn service that can deliver the high quality and reliable service that you can count on, look no further. With over 15 years in this business and counting, we continue to give each customer a custom package that fits there needs and budget.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Hew willowick. Do you do marketing/advertising on the side its hard trying to find time someone to do it for me..
414-807-5582
Old 11-01-2011, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Folks,

I really don't know what to say. First, I'm busier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs and second if I did help you directly it would seem like a dis to this site and its advertisers. Even if I could handle more business, I wouldn't feel comfortable taking money without paying to sponsor something here. Fair is fair.
If you've got a question like the OP, I'll try to answer. Can't do it for you but maybe can provide a little direction.

edit: Just to give the good people here a little idea of the structure you need to use to kick a$$ on the interwebs, take a look at this. Maybe dry but the gist is 100% correct and the lady is kinda cute. http://www.seomoz.org/blog/whiteboar...e-1-domination

Last edited by willowick; 11-01-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think you need to get someone with some learnin in sentence structure, spelling, etc.
Not knocking your efforts, which are more than mine, but there are misspellings, poor structure, that just comes across like your uneducated.
Your pictures look like you do excellent work, don't make people think less of you with a "clumsy" "look" to your web site.
I also realize that I ain't no bettern you, and I ain't got no more right to be correctn you, but since you asked, I'll jump on it.
Here's an example of what I mean.
Under Property Maintenance
your opening sentence sounds "clumsy"
Try this:
When you need high quality reliable ...... look no further than Anderson ......
Old 11-15-2011, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Probably the best lookin site I've seen on this forum.