Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Thats a nice truck at a great price. I should have went with something like that. I'm currently running an F250 with a dump insert and I'm not too far off from what you paid for your dump. I always browse the dealers during Sundays when they are closed and pay too much attention to sticker price. When it's time to upgrade the F250 I may look to go this route. Good luck with it.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercuts View Post
looks like your moving up in the world....we should meet up this winter and go over some ideas. you trying to give Carpenter a run for his money?
thanks mark and yes after fall clean up winds down we should meet up for breakfast and go over some ideas.as far as carpenter he has me hands down ,but to my credit i focus on a different area.i make my money in lyme where one of the biggest companies in the area are "the novack brothers" are, homes start at 5 million and go to 30 million .these customers hand you a list of things to do over the yr and leave you alone.have a good turkey day and be safe on the road!
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlavin73 View Post
Thats a nice truck at a great price. I should have went with something like that. I'm currently running an F250 with a dump insert and I'm not too far off from what you paid for your dump. I always browse the dealers during Sundays when they are closed and pay too much attention to sticker price. When it's time to upgrade the F250 I may look to go this route. Good luck with it.
thanks for the compliment man.the f 250 is a good truck and a dump insert isnt a bad way to go either.i hate the whole dealer game anyway so buying it over the computer and phone works out because you can type in what you want on autotrader.com and see what dealers are selling them all over the place before you talk to any one dealer.i went in person to grossmen chevy in saybrook and harbour gmc in saybrook and neither would even work with me on price besides the 500 bonus cash so i went to the computer and mastria gmc in mass was awesome.they will travel as far as pa so dont think you cant get one from them.the only time i met with them was when they brought the truck to the dmv in my home town,i signed the paperwork in the parking lot.they sent the 2 dealer runners to my dmv and took care of everything.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice truck! I saw someone is one of your trucks a couple of weeks ago, not sure if it was you or not. I don't do any work across the river but I get calls now and then. Maybe I'm paranoid but I'm always afraid of getting snagged by DOT on the highway...I hear they work that area pretty hard targeting landscapers and other contractors and always seem to find something to write you up for.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thats a sweet dump. If it is anything like my 2500 you are going to love it. My 2500 has been great so far (knock on wood).
Old 11-24-2011, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

why not a diesel nice truck btw
Old 11-27-2011, 11:50 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joef450snowplow View Post
why not a diesel nice truck btw
thanks man.as far as getting a diesel it was all about the final price and there was a big difference in the $$
Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice. I bought a 2010 Chevy almost exactly like yours except my bed was a regular flatbed dump. Put a leaf box on it this year and it has been a real efficient setup over what I used to do. If I ever do buy another truck it will be at least an extended cab with a longer bed, maybe even a side dump so you do not have to unhook the trailer to dump everyday.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Very nice! My next truck will be a dump.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Very nice looking dump truck. My only thing with GM trucks is those damn emblems they put on the doors. Don't they realize that's where your door sign is suppose to go.

Last edited by Fine Gardens Landscaping; 11-27-2011 at 02:21 PM.