Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

wow nice truck man! that's cool you never have to back down the ramp you can just spin around and go down. there's a big company here that has alot of trucks just like that. i'd love to have one myself. maybe one day i'll find a good one. the green looks great.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
wow nice truck man! that's cool you never have to back down the ramp you can just spin around and go down. there's a big company here that has alot of trucks just like that. i'd love to have one myself. maybe one day i'll find a good one. the green looks great.
Thanks man have you been doing ok?
Stihl
9mm
Old 01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i got up to about 20 customers this past year but a few of them moved and such...i have about 15 regular customers. i guess that's ok for my first year i'm hoping to add to that this coming year. be starting back up again in about 2 1/2 months. i already have a few leads for the coming year. one is a lady who's yard i cut last year when her lawncare person went into the hospital or something. i only cut it one time but she said i did a much better job and she liked me and would probably call me next year. she wanted to let that guy finish out the year. it's a big place with 3 acres of grass....then another lady that cut my hair said she needed someone to cut her 4 acre yard next year so she took my business card. i'm hoping they call. that will get me off to a good start for 2012.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Thanks guys here is one with some mowers on it. Just trying to see how I want to set everything up.
We have been looking at these also. I wonder if it would be possible to build some compartments under the bed to hold blowers? I really like the dark green color nice buy.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
yeah i got up to about 20 customers this past year but a few of them moved and such...i have about 15 regular customers. i guess that's ok for my first year i'm hoping to add to that this coming year. be starting back up again in about 2 1/2 months. i already have a few leads for the coming year. one is a lady who's yard i cut last year when her lawncare person went into the hospital or something. i only cut it one time but she said i did a much better job and she liked me and would probably call me next year. she wanted to let that guy finish out the year. it's a big place with 3 acres of grass....then another lady that cut my hair said she needed someone to cut her 4 acre yard next year so she took my business card. i'm hoping they call. that will get me off to a good start for 2012.
Thats good to hear I have around 30 regular mainly weekly's and a friend of mine that has a full time job but cuts grass on the side is quitting his regular job to go through a lineman's training so he is gonna give me his 15 accts so I will be up to around 45 a couple he is giving me are like 4 or 5 acres each and around $250 a cut so that will be cool. Good luck this year picking up more.
Stihl
9mm
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I hope your friend is a fairly big guy cause that lineman work ain't no joke been there done that, not for me.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I hope your friend is a fairly big guy cause that lineman work ain't no joke been there done that, not for me.
I know what you mean and he has a great job around $20/hr and has been there a good while but I think he is just burnt out and wants a change. He is in good shape so I know he can do it.
Stihl
9mm
Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Thats good to hear I have around 30 regular mainly weekly's and a friend of mine that has a full time job but cuts grass on the side is quitting his regular job to go through a lineman's training so he is gonna give me his 15 accts so I will be up to around 45 a couple he is giving me are like 4 or 5 acres each and around $250 a cut so that will be cool. Good luck this year picking up more.
wow that's awesome. i had a guy that said he might give me his accounts if he got a raise at work. he also does lawnmowing on the side. i don't know if he's got the raise yet though
Old 01-08-2012, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Member

that paint job looks great! How many hours did it take you to paint it? I'm thinking of painting my 16ft dump bed.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Paint job looks great. It looks like the same color I had my body painted.