Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-27-2011, 03:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Agreements/Contracts & Invoice Samples.

I am looking for some sample's of general agreements for lawn maintenance, landscaping & snow removal. Something that is all combined would be ideal.

Also i plan on billing at the end of the month. Do you use quick books for invoices or do you have your own you mail out?

I am trying to get all my legal/paper work ready for the 2012 season so i sound more professional & everything is on paper. let me know how you guys do this

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Most people on here will no give out their agreements/contracts, but some will. My suggestion is meet with a lawyer to have them draft something up that will be legal in your state. As far as invoicing I use quickbooks and think its a pretty good program especially once you get the hang of it. I would recommend trying to take a class on it cause you will learn a lot from it.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't have a lawyer yet just started last summer with 8 accounts. I would be willing to pay for it via paypal.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have any ideas on what you want, out of a service agreement?
Why and for who do you want one? What are all your reasons?

Do you know what issues you want to address or clarify between you and the customer? What items might you want to include etc. ??

There are a lot of samples out there if you take the time to find them. However, to help you sort through the the samples, you need to know what it is that you want. Some are very generic and basic other are more tailored and complex. Who are your typical customer base?

The one I use was put together was from a number of sources to address items/policies that I have had issues in the past and define the way I want to do business etc. I spent considerable time putting it together and revising it, so giving it away would not be something I think I would do.

Anyway, one size does not fit all.... That's why I asked you to do more thinking on it. Not to say I won't try to help like some others but get a better idea of what you are looking for first.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have multiple service agreements or just one for everything?
Old 11-27-2011, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I found an agreement for weekly lawn mowing. I would like to get one for one time jobs such as mulching, fall cleanups, shrub trimming etc... or do you just use proposals for that?
Old 11-28-2011, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you have to stop and figure out where your business is going and how you want it to run. I don't have any formal agreements on paper, but I do have a lot of conversations with my customers. I use quickbooks for all my invoicing and bookkeeping in general.
Whatever you lput down on paper and want ot enforce, it will take a lawyer, check on line, several states have examples of general service contracts you can down load and change the name of the service - there are also a lot of companies which sell contracts on line
Old 11-28-2011, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We made up our own Service Agreement Forms. We use different forms for commercial and residental. Basicly our forms have the price, how often we are going to be on the property, and what is expected of us. We carry these forms with us so in case there is any questions we can see look at them to give a satisfactory answer.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I would say one piece of info for contracts is follow your states consumer protection agencys ,reccomended wording for contracts. In regards to Home Improvement Contractor Licences. It has some good info that you could use and stand on in a court action if needed to reclaim payment on jobs. It would be wise to maybe aquire that license if needed in your state. We have been asked to show proof of this on some bid quotes for prospective customers. Good luck an enjoy the work.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:14 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green surfer 1 View Post
I would say one piece of info for contracts is follow your states consumer protection agencys ,reccomended wording for contracts. In regards to Home Improvement Contractor Licences. It has some good info that you could use and stand on in a court action if needed to reclaim payment on jobs. It would be wise to maybe aquire that license if needed in your state. We have been asked to show proof of this on some bid quotes for prospective customers. Good luck an enjoy the work.
Absolutely perfect suggestion in RI, if it doesn't grow, you cannot touch it without a contractors license, you also need a pesticide permit to put anything down but straight fertilizer or lime.

Tags
agreements , contracts , fourms , invoice