Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-07-2011, 03:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Happy hour is 2 Aleve, a beer, the hottub and the grill pulled close enough so I don't have to get out to turn the meat. I'm also not above eating dinner in same hottub.
Posted via Mobile Device
maaan, I need a hot tub bad!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...10#post4099310

Ex-mark 60" mulch kit with oregon high lift blades for sale MAKE OFFER! http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=364386

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=agape

Old 12-12-2011, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Come on, its winter. Hibernation time. We leave at 7:45 and stop when there is still 2 hrs of day light. Contracted maintenance pays the bills still and is easy, so why work till dark all year? Jobs are sold, and anyone that has called by now will still be done before christmas.

25 years old 7 years in business ownership
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah well you're down south...longer season. But lately I've decided to call it a day before it even started...waiting for better conditions for some one-time cleanups and I'm getting some stuff done around my place. Finially got the last remains of the 85 foot oak tree cleaned up off my lawn from Hurricane Irene.

Last edited by Darryl G; 12-12-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

God I hate clean ups I am down to 5 left plus finishing my house. So I got perhaps $1500 left on the table and I am going to try my best to get them all done today. But 4 are on my partners list and ones on mine so there is some real drive time to get to the last one. We have done 3 days followed by a rain day then 12 days followed by 2 rain days and this is now our 6th day in a row. Now 2 of them were half days so we go through all this for a lousy 20 days of work. If we finish today we averaged 4.35 clean ups a day this season. The one thing we didn't do was chase down any clean ups this year in the past we called customer's that weren't on the list. Not this year I just want to be done also you can rationalize skipping some. I have a 6-800 dollar one I won't be doing why well besides the fact I hate that place I plan on dropping them this spring and what does that actually work out too perhaps 200 dollars for the company after expenses. Hardly worth waking up and dealing with the frost covered ground for 200 dollars more spending money.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Got the 5 I wanted now I just need to finish my yard and drop my two cripples off to my dealer. Empty my 2 leaf boxes and take the one on the new truck apart and wash and put away my equipment. So in closing I am ending my season tomorrow and I can not wait to get to sleep in and rest.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Got the 5 I wanted now I just need to finish my yard and drop my two cripples off to my dealer. Empty my 2 leaf boxes and take the one on the new truck apart and wash and put away my equipment. So in closing I am ending my season tomorrow and I can not wait to get to sleep in and rest.
Your dealer supplies you with your helpers? Grats on finishing up.

I still have everything to do that I did a week ago, lol. Dealt with the frakin VW for a while yesterday and ended up sending it to the shop to get a battery put in and some electrical gremlins diagnosed and fixed....yeah I know, I can't even put a battery in a car....wasn't worth the aggrivation...that van is a royal PITA. I'd have to have been a 3 armed contortionist with a magician for a helper to get that thing out and back in...and $135 frakin battery!!!! I could fly a helicopter for what it costs me to run that thing.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
Your dealer supplies you with your helpers? Grats on finishing up.

I still have everything to do that I did a week ago, lol. Dealt with the frakin VW for a while yesterday and ended up sending it to the shop to get a battery put in and some electrical gremlins diagnosed and fixed....yeah I know, I can't even put a battery in a car....wasn't worth the aggrivation...that van is a royal PITA. I'd have to have been a 3 armed contortionist with a magician for a helper to get that thing out and back in...and $135 frakin battery!!!! I could fly a helicopter for what it costs me to run that thing.
Geez AAA came to my truck on the job and put in an 8 year battery for $110.00
Old 12-13-2011, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not exactly darryl My 60 inch lazer blew the hydraulics the first day of clean ups and I broke a fuel pump on one of the vacs so we stole the one off the lazer. So that has to go in for service and my fradan 18hp blower had the ignition go tonight while running on the last lawn of the season.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Some how we manged to finish with one surviving rake. Many threats had to be made to the men to stop breaking them for that one rake to make it. Hard to believe but about 90 days from now it all starts again.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph02813 View Post
Geez AAA came to my truck on the job and put in an 8 year battery for $110.00
Yeah, but I bet your truck ain't a VW Eurovan, lol. German over engineering...there's a freakin circuit board for the dome light!!!!!!