Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
oddly enough I had to redo most of the lighting on this house about a year and a half ago. I doubt yall installed it but it was EXTREMELY over volted and a few of the fixtures caught on fire. I know there were some others (not to be mentioned aloud here) involved with this project but thought I'd let you know I got it looking pretty decent now.

If yall ever need some big material call me up, we run some stuff to your area for bland on occasion and love to help you out, I'll try not to be overweight

Brandon Vaughan
www.tomscreek.com
We actually did not do lighting on this project. We haven't done lighting in quite some time. That market has gotten so flooded with companies doing it that our pricing wasn't right and while we slowed down to evaluate it they just kind of flew right by us. Its ok though...we never really did that much to begin with.

I'll check out your website, thanks!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for all that info, very informative! How often do you go about replacing equipment and trucks? As needed, yearly, etc.
Thanks!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc7 View Post
Thanks for all that info, very informative! How often do you go about replacing equipment and trucks? As needed, yearly, etc.
Thanks!
We replace everything as needed...which usually breaks down to about 3-4 new mowers a year, 5-6 string trimmers, 6-8 backpack blowers and possibly a new skid steer or truck.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess yall aint doing to much today. Im in the Charlotte area and it has been raining all day. Do send all you laborers home on days like to day, or do you keep them busy around the shop with house keeping
Old 12-21-2011, 04:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddensLawnCare View Post
I guess yall aint doing to much today. Im in the Charlotte area and it has been raining all day. Do send all you laborers home on days like to day, or do you keep them busy around the shop with house keeping
Well, looking at the forecast this morning we actually made the call to send the trucks out for a few hours so we don't get caught with our pants down for Christmas. Our homeowners will want their yard to be the nicest one on the block so we usually try and get to them all before the holiday (**Weather permitting) They went out till about 10 and then made their way back in. So we got a good 3.5 hours in before we got rained out. A few guys stayed here and helped clean a little bit, our mechanic took advantage of it and worked on some PM of trucks and equipment. Office staff hates rain days...everyone goes home early except them! House Keeping isn't really an issue around here...we try to stay as clean and organized as possible at all times. Cleaning crew comes in every Friday after we leave.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealscape View Post
We actually did not do lighting on this project. We haven't done lighting in quite some time. That market has gotten so flooded with companies doing it that our pricing wasn't right and while we slowed down to evaluate it they just kind of flew right by us. Its ok though...we never really did that much to begin with.

I'll check out your website, thanks!
I figured as much in your market its much eaiser to specialize and i think thats good. As you can imagine down here there isnt the volumn so we've had to learn to be master of all trades, not always easy- lots of reading. Yall have a great Christmas and best of luck for next year!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Brandon, will you be at the Green and Growin show in Gboro in Jan? We would like to get some info about your nursery.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2011, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Im not sure they were going this year or not... It has been so terribly slow there the last couple of years. I'll try to ask jim and let you know.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonV View Post
Im not sure they were going this year or not... It has been so terribly slow there the last couple of years. I'll try to ask jim and let you know.
This wouldn't be the same Brandon V that won the new holland is it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-22-2011, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnpropm View Post
This wouldn't be the same Brandon V that won the new holland is it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Pretty sure it is...Check out his website he posted earlier in the thread. Neat stuff.