Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg244888 View Post
Everything looks amazing. What does a field report entail?
Thanks
Here you go, the carbon copy stays with the homeowner and the hard copy comes here to go in the property file.
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2011, 01:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That is a great check list. Man these guys on here are really picking your business apart! As far as money talk, That is a touchy subject because every area will give different results. My area I have heard of other companies starting labors at $7.75 - $8.00. Some areas might start higher. I say whatever for for a business and keeps their employees happy, Keep doing it. Employees will leave any sort of employment for higher wages always.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshutter View Post
That is a great check list. Man these guys on here are really picking your business apart! As far as money talk, That is a touchy subject because every area will give different results. My area I have heard of other companies starting labors at $7.75 - $8.00. Some areas might start higher. I say whatever for for a business and keeps their employees happy, Keep doing it. Employees will leave any sort of employment for higher wages always.
Yeah, they are but its what we're here for. I am sure some folks will learn from us as well as we will learn from them.

My point exactly, every area of the country is different.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What does your maintenance bay/shop look like? just curious. Your shop and equipment is very well setup its interesting to see
Old 12-27-2011, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl28 View Post
What does your maintenance bay/shop look like? just curious. Your shop and equipment is very well setup its interesting to see
Well if you look in the pictures you'll see the 2 bays where the mowers are kept...other than that the equipment is left on the trucks with tarps to protect from the weather. We have a very nice security system and a high security fence to keep the thieves away at night. We don't really have a "maintenance shop".
Old 12-27-2011, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Inregards to your maintenance trucks, was there any reason for not going with enclosed trailers or enclosed cab over turcks? I know you said you loved the cab overs for lawn work but was curious why you went open and not enclosed?
Old 12-27-2011, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealscape View Post
Really, there is no windshield time. 130 of our residential accounts are in the same gated community. 80% of them have been with us for a long time and absolutely love their foreman...If we took away the personal aspect of it we would drop customers like flies. Account managers will only visit a residential property 1 time a week and will rarely speak with a homeowner. It is the foreman's job to educate the customer on the service they are getting and leave them with a field report after it is complete. The account manager might not see the property for 2-3 days after it was complete. Our clients are trained on our system so it all works flawlessly.

All of our residential properties are close together...if the truck is moving we are losing money. We have a few that are way out there, but their price reflects that and one of our commercial crews can swing in and knock them out quickly.

I can assure you in our 19 years we have tried everything to mainstream our operation...the system we currently use works great for us and we continue to grow year after year.

**with the amount of detail expected by our clients and their ever changing list of "honey do's" we could never fit 15 properties in on a days schedule. We have done it before when all we are doing is blowing off hard surfaces after a heavy rain, or when its simply too hot to mow.
I believe you 100% that you have done all the trial and error and the proof is in the pictures you know exactly what you are doing. I remember you saying you have some commercial maintenance bids going out this year but are you after more residential as well or are you going to keep the client base where it is. To maintain that high quality level I mean.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-27-2011, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srl28 View Post
Inregards to your maintenance trucks, was there any reason for not going with enclosed trailers or enclosed cab over turcks? I know you said you loved the cab overs for lawn work but was curious why you went open and not enclosed?
For one simple reason, leaf clean ups and debris removal are a nightmare with a box truck. I will say though that they are nice for security purposes and equipment maintenance, everything is out of the elements.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnpropm View Post
I believe you 100% that you have done all the trial and error and the proof is in the pictures you know exactly what you are doing. I remember you saying you have some commercial maintenance bids going out this year but are you after more residential as well or are you going to keep the client base where it is. To maintain that high quality level I mean.
Posted via Mobile Device
Right now we are actively growing our Commercial Division. We certainly would not turn down a new residential property, but our main focus is the large commercial properties.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealscape View Post
Right now we are actively growing our Commercial Division. We certainly would not turn down a new residential property, but our main focus is the large commercial properties.
So I always hear the money is in commercial maintenance, do you ever plan on phasing out the residential side or will it always be apart of your business plan.
Posted via Mobile Device