Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401als View Post
Ok... so you want to track.. micro manage. I get it. Im woundering whats next?? A recorder?? so you can listen how the guys are laughing at you (hypothetical of course) or maybe a camera.. so when he is itching his ball$ you can see. This is my opinion. And i do see.. whether you agree that is freedom being taken away.. in this country. Im not going to argue my point any further. good luck with it

A business owner, and the goverment are to entirely different things, but i am sure when you go to the bank and they have cameras there you can't help but feel trapped by "the man"
Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonlawncare View Post
A business owner, and the goverment are to entirely different things, but i am sure when you go to the bank and they have cameras there you can't help but feel trapped by "the man"
i see you do understand my point... its where does it go from there...? and the man... i dont trust him.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the link Gainesville, I went to the wrong site last night, now I can't wait to take away my workers freedoms. Do you by any chance know where I can get some cameras with audio to put into the trucks so I can listen in on them while I'm at it? I really have nothing better to do with my life then listen to all their BS.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i'm all for the GPS tracking. If i had a large crew and multiple vehicles i think it would be imperative to know where they are how long they are there and how long it takes to get there. It would not only weed out dishonesty but it would also allow me to control my bottom line. Gps can help find a better way to do a route to save gas money as well as mileage! and that means more money in my pocket and more money in my pocket is a nice feeling
Old 12-16-2011, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401als View Post
i see you do understand my point... its where does it go from there...? and the man... i dont trust him.
I suppose you could move to canada...or Mexico. Maybe Iraq or Iran?
Greensboro NC
Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grass-scapes View Post
I suppose you could move to canada...or Mexico. Maybe Iraq or Iran?
Lol..... original. not trusting the man... does not mean I dont love my country...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2011, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ahhhhhhh.. A democrat. Sorry.
Greensboro NC
Old 12-16-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

"A man that has nothing to hide...hides nothing" A tracking device wouldn't bother me at all. People have a tendency to stretch their boundaries. A crew will drive out of their way for a drink one day, and since it went unnoticed , they work their way up driving across town to have lunch at their favorite Chinese Restaurant the next day.

I once had a desire to monitor the conversation in my employees truck. I was motivated to consider this because of some things I'd heard and some "attitude" that I perceived from a newer employee. I realized that I really didn't need to hear the details. I need to replace some employees.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Gainesville, which system are you using from them? I went on their website and asked about pricing and product capability and they came back and told me they have a system that will do everything I want it's only $30/month. I don't know why but $20 is the price I have stuck in my head as the point of purchase. I would much rather pay for the trackers and pay one price to see as many trucks as I need to but I doubt anyone does it that way.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Realtrackgps is what you want. I've had it for a year and it only costs $18 a month. No contract and you can turn it off and save money if the truck is parked. This is the most small business friendly and cost effective system you can buy. You can view all your info online or on your smart phone. If you do a search on lawnsite for GPS tracking you may find my old thread.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/