Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-09-2011, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Jockey View Post
I'm curious what model regulator you are using. On certain models, everything you described can be explained by a incorrectly adjusted "idle" screw on the regulator.

Scott
Reg is a Beam Model T60...
Old 12-10-2011, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks. Now, what does the purge cycle actually do?
Old 12-10-2011, 01:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
I don't want to suck on the hose all day.
I couldn't resist. Great choice of wording. Lol on a serious note. How are u liking the propane powered machines?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-11-2011, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
I couldn't resist. Great choice of wording. Lol on a serious note. How are u liking the propane powered machines?
Posted via Mobile Device
I really dont know why I am changing the units over. We bought two used units that both had propane then I took a 2000 hr unit that I put a short block on and converted it. We think maybe it might give us a little edge on some commericial properties or at least we are on par with the big guys. With the tnks full the units really float along, meaning front is really light. The units seem to have more hp but don't know if that is true. I hoped we could save a little money but that didn't happen unless I can go longer between oil changes. I do kinda hate luging the tanks in every week
to get propance when the gas place is 110F in the sun. Some guys coment that we must be really rolling in the dough because we got propane on but whatever.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Metro Lawn View Post
Depending on the unit, weight is added to the front to balance. The conversions don't necessarily weigh more, but depending on where you mount the tank(s), it can change the center of gravity.

The problems you're experiencing are (unfortunately) very common for those attempting conversion on their own. I deal with this almost daily. There are entirely too many companies using propane successfully to discount it's effectiveness in not only saving money, but helping the environment and reducing our dependence on foreign oil.

Ed, you live in Texas where, with all the incentives, you could have your conversions done without charge. I'd be happy to send you the info.

I'm not sure why you are lugging tanks around. Typically we supply a locking rack and tanks to exchange.

Ed, you're working entirely too hard! ;-)
I don't think we have any program for old units. You know with this gas prices continuing to drop I might have to convert them back. The one that I am having trouble starting(without me sucking) now runs on all kind of slopes and it runs fine on startup on cold days. I went 2000 hrs and couldn't get those problems fixed. So I am a happy camper. I cut all today the grass
and WEEDs are still growing.