Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the input. I tend to like the west coast better as well.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Statesboro is a great place for kids and adults. But if your a lawn man your in poverty. Anyone with a pickup has a lawn service, plus most residents are do it yourselfers. I just can't seem to aquire enough work to make a good living. If your a Doctor or a teacher this is the place to live.
Yo

So you think Florida is going to be different??? Boy do you have to wake up.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Um...yeah, Florida is like number one in prescription pill use, everone is either on them or knows someone who is...I hate the fact the my kids are going to grow up here. But I'm to scared to sell business and move. Im afraid I wouldn't make it somewhere else
Old 12-06-2011, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yo

Agree with Ric on this one. Lawn care attracts all of the bottom feeders, and we have plenty.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Says the lawn guy living in windermere?

To the OP - Oviedo where I live. Check it out - we have been listed as one of the top 100 cities in the country to live for the past 3 years for a reason. Quick trip to Orlando events in a much more laid back community. Plenty of private schools to choose from if you can afford (most start at 13k per kid) but if you go public then most of the schools all grade levels are A rated schools and have been consistently for years.

Unknown mentioned Lake Mary which is also a very nice place. The real estate up there traditionally has been a little higher - but you also gain quick access to I-4 which is nice if you choose to avoid the toll roads.

In general - the city of Orlando is not somewhere I would want to raise kids but there are lots of surrounding neighborhoods as mentioned that are nice such as windermere, oviedo, lake mary/heathrow.
If its so nice in Oviedo why are you always on this side??? I have never taken a job past Hiawassee towards the east. I live in Winter Garden now LOL need to update my profile.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
If its so nice in Oviedo why are you always on this side??? I have never taken a job past Hiawassee towards the east. I live in Winter Garden now LOL need to update my profile.
I am only over there 1 day a we19ek now. The reason is that one client has several properties over there that make it worth my while as the price is right. Honesty in terms of lawn care operations I think we have you guys beat. That could be why we are one of the best places to live the last couple of years - you can get your lawn mowed cheaper than you can do it yourself. Although this year was better than last with all the newbies starting out. Last year we had a influx of operators and I think a bunch of them were working for that National Home Owners outfit. I guess cutting lawns for $60 a month and only getting $12 a cut for the operator made some of them disappear over the winter - especially since they were operating off the per cut basis.
I did see a sign down in your old hood this year off the 535 - any lawn any size $60 a month. so maybe they moved your way?

I was thinking of your old town the other day as one of the investors that I work for purchased another home off of the 535 and needs it cared for. He purchased the home for under $190k and three years ago it sold for $460K....this is the second property he has bought in Windermere in the last six months with numbers like this. IF the market comes any where close to what it was again ....he will be very happy with his investment.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantculture View Post
Bithlo, Riviera beach, and Mims are few of my favorite towns
Riviera Beach? BWAHAHA... you already don't like this guy.

It's not safe in Riviera Beach even if you are on the east side of the intercoastal.

Riviera Beach... bring protection
Old 12-07-2011, 08:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Yo

Yea, I used to work in Fl in early 2000's and before. There were always a ton a services under cutting eachother, but unless things have changed from the economy, there was always enough work to go around. Most people did not cut there own yards in Fl. like they do here.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:08 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantculture View Post
Bithlo are few of my favorite towns
I guess it would be safe, unless you are the pig!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gLN3QoN-q8

Folks out there are a little different! but seeing as he is coming from GA I believe, maybe he will feel right at home?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Yea, I used to work in Fl in early 2000's and before. There were always a ton a services under cutting eachother, but unless things have changed from the economy, there was always enough work to go around. Most people did not cut there own yards in Fl. like they do here.
Wild

You do understand Florida and Nevada are tied for the highest unemployment and Foreclosure rate in America. Any experience you had in Florida before the 2008 crash is totally different now. Well established service provider of many many years are just holding status qua. New up starts here are having trouble because now every Plumber of Carpenter are now cutting grass.

I am friends with the man who is in charge of all our County Right away mowing and landscaping. He tells me the county can't believe how cheap the bids for mowing work are in this economy.

The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. If Florida Lawn service was all that easy, then we would all be Millionaires.

Best of Luck to you, But don't ever say I didn't warn you. Before you make a big move, be sure to do your Due Dalliances and KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING INTO.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.