Register free!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Damn. I guess I oughta re-think this afterall. Didn't realize it was so tuff over there. I'm still stuck in the 90's thinking I guess.
It's tough all over. There's plenty of work down here for those that want it. Come on down for a bit and scout around.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
It's tough all over. There's plenty of work down here for those that want it. Come on down for a bit and scout around.
And it's safe all over too. As long as you have a good alarm set every night, a dog with an intimidating bark and of course a loaded semi auto bedside I sleep soundly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2011, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
Damn. I guess I oughta re-think this afterall. Didn't realize it was so tuff over there. I'm still stuck in the 90's thinking I guess.
If you have some real skills then you can make it anywhere you choose. I suppose everyones point is that if you are competing with the general labor force then you will struggle severely. That force is saturated with all sorts of folks, but hardly any of them have a skill other than a strong back.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantculture View Post
If you have some real skills then you can make it anywhere you choose. I suppose everyones point is that if you are competing with the general labor force then you will struggle severely. That force is saturated with all sorts of folks, but hardly any of them have a skill other than a strong back.
I absolutely agree with your theory, BUT in this economic environment I think it is tough to start and succeed in a start up business anywhere, never mind one of the states with the highest unemployment rates.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

OP said he is looking to work for somebody not start his own business. I think you'd be better off starting one up assuming you have the means to do so. Honestly, in order to afford to live in a decent area you need to make at least $4500 a month. That's three times the going rate for renting in a decent community for a 3/2/2 home. Most rental places will require that and I don't think you could make that working for someone in the lawn care industry in FL unless you're really good in sales.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Didn't intend to debate Scott's performance.

If you've ever been through Riviera Beach, Pleasant City, Green Acres, Pahokee, South Bay, Glades, Lauderhill, Oakland Park, Overtown, Miami... etc. you'd have to agree that requiring a drug test to receive YOUR hard earned tax dollars is a step in the right direction. He ought to be encouraged to take more action similar to it.

Used to be you had to qualify for public assistance, now it's a free for all, all that is except you and me...
jvanvliet

I don't want to turn this in to a political thread but You got an A MEN from me.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm done Ric.

If the OP wants to start down here working for somebody else's LCO, he's gonna have financial problems. Pay for a lawn crewman is between $8 - $10 an hour, maybe as high as $12.50 (in my neck of the woods). It's hard to pay the rent with that unless you have a wife and 12 kids that all work too.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
As I type this I'm watching grubinor Scott still trying to drug test welfare. Really? Nothing more pressing on this states agenda?
Posted via Mobile Device
Do not forget that Scott some how ripped the state and Federal government off of millions of dollars through the medical field prior to getting elected. Do you not see the writing on the wall? Some medical company is going to receive these contracts to perform all these test if he is able to keep this going. MMMMMMM---I wonder if they will be done on fair market value? Even if the test are done at fair market value - look at the possible dollar contribution that he just made to the medical services field.....one that his wife still owns a majority interest in.....mmmmmmmmmm. Governor Alien Face is up to something and I have a feeling that we the taxpayers are the ones that will end up getting bent over....not the welfare crowd that partakes in a joint here and there.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Do not forget that Scott some how ripped the state and Federal government off of millions of dollars through the medical field prior to getting elected. Do you not see the writing on the wall? Some medical company is going to receive these contracts to perform all these test if he is able to keep this going. MMMMMMM---I wonder if they will be done on fair market value? Even if the test are done at fair market value - look at the possible dollar contribution that he just made to the medical services field.....one that his wife still owns a majority interest in.....mmmmmmmmmm. Governor Alien Face is up to something and I have a feeling that we the taxpayers are the ones that will end up getting bent over....not the welfare crowd that partakes in a joint here and there.
You need to come on down and see how your welfare tax dollars are being spent.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
You need to come on down and see how your welfare tax dollars are being spent.
You mean its not coincidence that the biggest rim, sound and accessory shops are located in the hood?
Posted via Mobile Device