Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2011, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I got 200 led warm white 5 diodes from Lite Source, and one was a dud. that would be 5 out of 1000. They also bag as opposed to box. but they tend to be more expensive that others I have seen out there.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Sponsor

Thanks for the compliment DJ! We are very happy with our Pro Grade lights and our 5 mm conicals are holding up very well. This is all we use for our own installations for foliage lighting.

As far as our C7 and C9 replacement bulbs, we sell bulbs made by Minleon, which have a very low failure rate. Minleon is the only factory that actually test every bulb that comes off the factory floor. Our out of the box failure rate is about 1/2 of a percent or about 1 out of every 200. Typically we'll get about 6 to 7 seasons out of the bulbs or about 30 months on a year round application. We use about 20,000 bulbs a year so it gives us a good basis to keep tabs on the quality and failure rate.

We are testing some new bulbs that are made by Christmas USA. These use 2/3s less power than standard LED C7s and C9s and are just as bright. We tested about 10,000 of these this year and so far the results have been promising. If they continue to hold up over the next couple of weeks we'll be ready to introduce them into the market for the 2012 season.

Jason Woodward
ChristmasDesigners

ChristmasDesigners.com

#1 Choice for Pros and Christmas Enthusiasts Alike
Old 12-21-2011, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input Jason. I found your company late in the season after information was posted by another member on here. I ordered some bows and a few hundred 5mm conicals and was very impressed with the quality and service. I look forward to doing more business with you in the future.

David - Aren't the Litesource LED's made by Minleon as well? If so, you experienced a dud rate of .5% just as Jason reported.

As much as I like the sales guys, the service and the great pre-season sale prices from my current vendor, I have to go elsewhere. The last two cases, the dud rate has gone up to 8%.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Sponsor

Yes LiteSource also sells Minleon. So the failure rate should be very low as well. We offer free replacement of any of our bulbs for 12 months from the date of purchase. I'm not sure, but I would think LiteSource would offer the same thing. There's such a low failure rate so it adds some extra confidence for the pro installers by knowing they can get replacements for up to one year.

ChristmasDesigners.com

#1 Choice for Pros and Christmas Enthusiasts Alike
Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Jason,

With your C9 LED 3 Piece Pro line being the same cost as your C9 LED Commercial Grade, do you have any input on why to choose one over the other?

Main difference I can see is the length (26 bulbs @ 8" for 17.3' vs 25 bulbs @ 12" for 26'), Wire gauge (22 AWG vs. 20 AWG), and the max number of sets (70 vs 93). Colors on the multicolor look different as well.

Just want to know if there's anything else I am missing. Thank you.
Husqvarna 435
Super crappy yard
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

I wanted to edit to add: the benefit of also being able to change the bulbs on the Pro line.
Husqvarna 435
Super crappy yard