Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't had the greatest luck with e-mailing my invoices. It seems that people go through their e-mail and open it but don't always print it out, since they might open it at work or something. Then it gets forgotten. And then they don't have the payment envelope I would include with a hard copy either. I do e-mail a few, but the bulk of my invoices are sent via snail mail.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:40 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
I deduct actual vehicle expenses, 100% of them because we have personal vehicles for personal use. I'm not sure you can swtich between the two methods, pretty sure I read that you have to pick one and stick with it, but I could be wrong. And I just check my mileage annually, no daily/weekly/monthly log or anything.
Mine is used for strictly business use too... although there might be a trip to and from the grocery store or something on occasion.....nothing that I think anyone would get too upset about.

I believe if you take the mileage deduction you have to do it the first year the vehicle is in service....and you can switch there after if you want...but not the other way around. I am however not positive about that.

I have over $1600 in Repairs this year when you include the towing as the CPU on it went out so it is looking more and more like the actual cost is going to be the higher of the two.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlandscaping View Post
oh yea forgot about the people who don't use email. The one person I have like that hands me the check first week of the month all the time. Yea, Quickbooks makes life much easier, even if you only send half your invoices, that's a lot of saved postage.
Posted via Mobile Device
I got several that hand me the check too - and to be honest I would much rather just have it sent to me. I am always worried it is going to get lost in the truck. They generally have it in a envelope and a couple of them on a days route stack up and become akward having around with me all day. I would say that roughly 70% of people have their payment through either auto pay or by having a check cut through online banking but they still get sent a hard copy too. Saving the postage would be nice though but I guess I am stuck in my ways.

My current program does email - but I need to make the switch to Quickbooks to help keep everything neatly laid out. Currently I have to make my own catagories for expenses etc etc. Another reason for the want to move to Quickbooks is my banks online program allows you to label each transaction and note if it is able to be deducted and put it in a category and then it is suppose to export a file upon you downloading directly to quickbooks. Not sure how that will work but it sounds a heck of a lot more simple.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!