Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-19-2002, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

im up at 7 and off of lawnsite by 9
Old 11-19-2002, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Up at 5:30 making coffee, leave for the equipment yard nlt 6:30, leave for the first job by 7:15 (that's if everyone shows up on time).

No alarm clock...I just wake up around them all year long.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Member

Wow i am pretty sure i get up much earlier then most but I LOVE it. I wake up at 315 at the yard by 330 and we are off by 345. We do some chain grocery stores. We do 2 a day. By getting there extremely early we dont have to worry about cars and such. Plus since it is a commercial account there is no "noise violations". On saturdays we leave the yard by 645. My plan is to run 2 crews. one on mon tues wed, the other thursday friday saturday. They work 15+ hour days, but thats the way they like it. I work every day though and i love it. The money pours in this way. Plus i dont have to pay over time. I leave the last site early to go inspect all jobs i wasnt at to make sure they did it PERFECTLY. Heres a technique, i make my guys go back and do the job on there own time if it was not done correctly. Or i will fire them. I am kind of an ******* but my work gets done perfectly. I am the nicest guy in the world if the work is done right, or i can be the devil if its not. I have no problem firing jerks, lazy people, or unproductive people. I tell them to go work at mc donalds if they want to. It works, i am not sure if its legal, but i have my own rules there. Give me your thoughts. - Tim
Old 11-19-2002, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Superior

Your not a *******, you just have high expectations. And if your feeling a little moody sometime, just sleep in till 4:30 or 5 and watch those 90 minute intervals.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I'm unusual in our line of work in that I am not a morning person. I worked the night shift for a few years in my younger single days, and always liked it. I usually don't get to the office until 9:00 am, but I also work late. I admire people who are up at the crack of dawn and go hard all day, but I learned long ago that I'm not one of them. But I manage to have a very succesful business.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

gkell88, Your not alone! I am also not a morning person. We ussual dont start work untill 8:30 or 9 wich is much later then most. If I try to drag my self out of bed at 6:00 Am to work ill be like a walking zomby all day!
Old 11-19-2002, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the perks of being "SELF" employed is you can set YOUR own schedule. I've never really had a "set" time that I get up in the morning.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not much of a morning person either. When I have a big day ahead of me, my wife wakes me at 7:45 when she comes back from the bus stop. Otherwise, it's more like 8:30 or 9:00. I try to hit the first job by 10:30 or so, but sometimes it's more like noon. I usually work until dusk though.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Spring/Summer when it's busy - 5:00/5/30. First appointment is at 7:00.
Fall/Winter when not working much - 6:00 to let the dogs out, then back to bed until they wake me with their damn barking at the kids at the bus stop

Love being a morning person but I usually need a Pooh Bear (a nap) at 2:00.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

this is great but more idea on how to get up

wow many different times that people get up in the morning .also many different routines that people follow before they go to work and start the day-- to make
-
-
-
well i am still lookin for the best way to get up early in morning ???????????????????????????????????????????-
-
-
-
please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
serving northern new jersey