Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-21-2002, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

up at 7am. tired by 10pm, conan puts me to sleep by 1am. vicious cycle. saturday morning......dry mouth and headache 9am. asprin 10am. BIGGEST GLASS OF WATER 10am. never wanting to drink again 10am.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Spring and summer 5:00 a.m. Winter 6:00 a.m. In the bed by 10:00 and lights out by 10:30. Have to watch the 10 o'clock news.

At the present working the Lawn care biz part-time. But with my other job in the Farm Retail biz I have to be up early for this.

Have always been a early bird, it is the way I was raised. Use to get up with my father and help him get ready for work. He was self employeed (operated a bulldozer) for over 40 years. I would fuel up the tank in his truck every morning and made sure had all the other things he needed for the day.

Just got in the habit of getting up early.

Have had some part-time help this year. These younger guys in my area either don't have a alarm clock or just don't care what time they get up.... It makes me so d#$% mad the I can't even see straight....

I really admire the guys that in their 20' on this site that get up and get going....

As one guy told one time. Son when you get out in the real world and start making a living. There are two very important things that you must remember. WHEN TO GET UP AND WHEN TO GO TO BED!!!

MARK DOUGLAS
Old 11-21-2002, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Good reply.
Old 11-26-2002, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

this year was get up at 7:39am. first fatty chew im my lip by 7:42am at shop at 8, work till 6or9:30 go out till 11 or later. get up and do it all again. i found out later if you go to bed earlier the next day goes by faster and your not so pissed off. as well as if chew is not present the whole day really sucks and no one likes me.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:04 AM

When I was doing LC I was usually up at 5:30 or 6, quick check of the email, breakfast, coffee and down the road at 7.

Now with car hauling being such a day to day thing with no set schedule I get up with alarm when ever I need to to be where I need to at the time I said I would be there.

Some days I sleep till 8,9,10 get up, three Ss check email, mess around and at like 1 or 2 in the afternoon get 10 or 12 hours of work. Haul till it is done and go home, some times 12 or 2 AM.

Other days I am up at 4 on the road at 5 and back home by 2 or 3 in the afternoon.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:15 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

5:30 am during summer work time, anytime starting in the fall, but most of time around 7am in fall.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Member

only way that I solved my old habit of waking up late was to set two alarm clocks, 5 minutes apart, on opposite ends of the room. I would also keep the night time temp in the house cold. When you have to get up for the second alarm across the room and freeze your b@lls off you are wide awake and hurridly get dressed. Now I am one of those freaky get up at 5 am even on days off kind of people.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

5 am for me. I set the alarm and have it placed across the room or I'd hit the snooze button and rationalize about getting 10 more minutes! My routine is; 5 am get coffee going and turn tv on. After coffee is made, I put it in a thermos so I don't have to make trips back to the kitchen. I use WebTv so I have internet on my tv which means I can watch tv while surfing the net (like picture in picture). I'm usually checking email and then it's off to lawnsite. This is usually the only time I can get on here because of time restraints. I have to drink coffee, relax and think before going out the door. I used to get up at the last minute and stand in the shower trying to open my eyes then I realized I needed extra time to get started.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well, what time I get up Depeds on what day it is. Monday I sllep in till around 8 amybe 830am. The rest of the week the truck should be rolling by 7Am.