Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Member

My new website

I would like you all to review/evaluate my new website. All comments are welcome. I'm just getting a website up after being in business off and on for 6 or so years, putting an effort to go fulltime this year. Seasons greetings to you, and thank you all.

www.brimtree.com

p.s. I am a solo operation 60% of the time, workers are used as needed.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks very professional and thought out. I have just a few comments for you: The home page made me think you were more geared towards landscaping, until I got to the services which were all maintenance. I would put more emphasis on maintenance there. Not really big on the last sentence of the first paragraph under "purpose of landscaping."

On the Service List page, I think re-claimatiion should be reclamation. I also probably wouldn't mention the bulldozer comment. Thats all I got. Looks good. Good luck.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks pretty good. I would include pictures of stuff I have done though. Also, I would have the light green shaded area centered and have the list on the side made across the top. A little too much white space on the right side. Also, have your phone number on the page that customers land on, makes it easier instead of having them search for it.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Classy website with a good use of pictures and font colors. Besides having too many phrases in quotes that do not need to be in quotes, such as “lawn care” and "curb appeal" here’s what I would change…
Homepage: You probably don’t need to say what type of equipment you use. Most people don’t know what stihl, walker, and toro are. You could loose the stihl logo at the bottom also. I would completely rewrite those paragraphs. They're too long and don’t really offer much info other than that you give free estimates. Nobody wants to read all of that. Try bullet points. You could even put your services on the homepage. By the way, I’m sure other landscape companies do understand landscape design so maybe you shouldn’t belittle them.
About Us: this page is good
Contact Us: something tells me that the word “heading” isn’t supposed to be there.
Service List: Delete the word “backyard.” Front yards exist too. “Weekly” should come before “bi-monthly.” I know what you mean by “no more than 1/3 of your grass is ever removed” but customers might be like what? Also if you are offering bi-weekly this will be far from true. Are you missing any services? Do you lay mulch, trim hedges, fertilize, etc?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

looks good .
Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks a lot, this is really going to help me to put the finishing touches on the site. My plan is for it to be really simple.

- BeeCreek - I thank you much, i didn't see it the way you saw it, but you're right, it does look as if i do more landscaping than lawn maintenance.

- ijustwantausername - I'm definitely going to fix that phone number thing, thanks.

- jvillenative - you're so right about the "yard", I do around 1-4 reclaimations a week during season here, I'd say 98% of them are backyards, good catch, thanks.

And I'm not sure if you know about this area, but I'd say any given day here, there are TONS of landscape trucks, with ppl that "cut grass", believe me, it is NO exaggeration, they have no idea past cutting grass about residential landscape architecture arrangement. Never cracked a book, and it shows, I can take you to %95 of the neighborhoods here and you won't even get LITERALLY 5-800 FEET without witnessing an absolute atrocity.... POST-maintenance..

Of course the customers have no idea either, so it happens very frequently. I use this as my business "edge", when I'm through talking, the customer is enlightened, and really i enjoy helping people understand landscape. So even if they do not choose me, they become more educated to make better decisions about their property.

- Lawnman19 - thanks alot, this site took awhile to get to even this point, and thanks to you all, it will improve.