Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-20-2011, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I see Brooke has commented, hopefully Phil, based on some emails I have exchanged with her today, you will have to pull out your favorite study hat and sharpen your pencil . I hope it works out. I am going to be offering my help so might get to meet you soon
C.O.L.D. (Certified Outdoor Lighting Designer)#1112
C.L.V.L.T. (Certified Low Voltage Lighting Technician)#0639
Old 01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Certification - CLVLT

We are excited about the upcoming CLVLT test!! We are allowing registrations through Jan. 17th, and the Study Session conference call is being held on Jan. 18th with all of the test takers. Sign up now and enhance your competitiveness and your knowledge. Get your certification and be the envy of all your competition. See you in Orlando on Feb. 8th.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteliters View Post
I see Brooke has commented, hopefully Phil, based on some emails I have exchanged with her today, you will have to pull out your favorite study hat and sharpen your pencil . I hope it works out. I am going to be offering my help so might get to meet you soon
I had a good conversation with Brooke by phone recently. She told me of plans to offer the CLVLT testing in our region sometime in 2012. I am awaiting word on when and where that will be.

Hope you all have a productive conference in Florida.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry you will miss the conference, it's an electric atmosphere, one I now can't do with out. Perfect experience to start every new year. New knowledge, new techniques, new ideas, new product...I'm ready to go right now . I am glad that you are considering the test regionally. I will be seeing Brooke at conference and we will be making the plans to make this happen.
C.O.L.D. (Certified Outdoor Lighting Designer)#1112
C.L.V.L.T. (Certified Low Voltage Lighting Technician)#0639
Old 01-15-2012, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for something new and different in the greens industry years ago I began offering Landscape and Architectural lighting as an adjunct to my existing and 20 plus year( well established) greens industry business. I muddled along for a while and had a lot of on the job-training, some good some not so good. I then made a conscious decision that the only way to perfect this trade to be serious about what I do and do it seriously!!!
I turned to the AOLP, attended a conference, and made a stab at the CLVLT exam. I felt confident that having worked with low voltage for twenty years and having a low voltage electrical license that this certification would not be a challenge. As is sometimes the case I was wrong, missed two sections and had realized I had not prepared myself properly. Upon my return home I started to read and study everything I could get my hands on pertaining to Architectural and Landscape Lighting. Sold my interest in my business to two of my employees (16 people working in the business at the time) and never looked back!! Next time I had the opportunity to take the CLVLT exam I passed and joined the CLVLT committee. I wanted to contribute and I felt that there were parts of the study guide and exam that could be changed and improved upon .This allowed me the opportunity to work with some of the most dedicated and sincere people who are very serious about what they do and do it very well. For you procrastinators out there, LIKE MYSELF, you still have time to take the 2012 CLVLT exam and most importantly time left to sign up for the AOLP conference. The investment in the conference and the CLVLT exam will pay you back many times over if you are serious about what you do and want to do it better!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Hows it going? Im licensed fire alarm tech.(low voltage 24v) Will this cover me to do landscape lighting? I am a landscape business owner. Can any one help answer ty.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401als View Post
Hows it going? Im licensed fire alarm tech.(low voltage 24v) Will this cover me to do landscape lighting? I am a landscape business owner. Can any one help answer ty.
I'm not sure but I think RI is one of those states that requires a licensed electrician to install low voltage landscape lighting. That being said, it usually falls on the local municipality to determine need of licensing.

Paul R Gosselin, Sr., CLVLT(#0632)
NightScenes Corporation
President, AOLP
www.night-scenes.com
www.facebook.com/NightScenes
Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightScenes View Post
I'm not sure but I think RI is one of those states that requires a licensed electrician to install low voltage landscape lighting. That being said, it usually falls on the local municipality to determine need of licensing.
Ty appreciate the input.