Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-16-2011, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Member

LED Ribbon Light Links from HBL

Anyone else having trouble with LED Ribbon light links? I know these will probably be included in the LED issues that HBL mentioned in another post...but I'm curious as to how other installers are handling this with their customers? I'm just so sick to my stomach over this. We have a premier area where we do 6 homes, all in a small area, all completely different. This customer paid a lot of money for these links. We send many prospects to this area to check out the lights as it is the best way to see a large variety of our product. So these are our "show homes" so to speak. Plus...my biggest concern is losing these customers. This little section is highly competitive -- there's another company in there that does alot of homes. But our product looks totally different -- and as such we're more expensive because it's a more expensive product. HOWEVER...the other houses have working lights...so now my company's reputation is at stake. I would love to hear how others are handling this issue with their customers. I can't have my customer going thru Christmas with a half-lit house --- ughhhhhh.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Welcome to my world!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

I've now got 15 dead glaciers and some snowflakes to handle now. Not to mention the wreath issues we've had.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I had the same problem at the beginning of the season. My biggest job and the pickiest customer. They live in Houston but this is their weekend home that has 72 snowflake light links. I made 3 trips to the house to be sure everything was working before they got there. Well as soon as they hit town and get to the house they have a half lit home. She complained and told me that she is paying me way to much money to not have these issues fixed. Pain in the butt but all you can do is kiss butt and apologize. Mike helped as always and we are back on track for the rest of the season hopefully.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks TexasFire...were they LED links? Scott & Mike are helping us as well -- and we definitely appreciate that. I just wanted to get some feedback from other distributors as to what you're saying to your customer and how well it's being received. And yes I agree -- apologize profusely, let them know you're working hard to resolve the situation, etc.

When you say you're back on track -- did you get replacement links (I'm assuming they're LED)? And those have been fine since?
Old 12-17-2011, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've lost three LED gift box links this year. I have 30 links and seem to lose 10% a year. Even the first year I lost 10%. The biggest thing I lost was 1/3rd of the 24 sets of LED M6 light sets from last year.

One set of new light I received from a warranty issue last year had a bad rectifier before I ever used it. So far my dozen LED candy cane links are working fine.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 12-18-2011, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Well britelights yes tey were the LED and after much investigation it was only two light links that were causing the issues. I just popped open a new box and replaced them and as far as I know haven't had any issues. I will be going out to the house to check on everything tonight before they come in for Christmas. Another issue I'm having are with the battery operated wreaths. I have tons of the 30" wreaths out and 2 of the big ones. They seen to have shorts in the battery boxes. Anyone else having those issues?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I have 14 of the 30" door wreaths out. No issues so far.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think I have about 16 out and really only have trouble with two of them. I have 2 of the big one out and one of them is causing me some issues. And of course it's on this customers house with the 70+ light links. She threw a fit about it too. I still have one in stock so I guess if all else fails I will replace it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I didn't sell any of the battery-operated wreaths. On the LED links -- you said after much investigation only 2 were causing the problem. What kind of problem were those 2 causing? We went back to the house tonight and alot of the links are very, very dim. Is it possible only 1 or 2 bad links are causing others to dim???