Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
Here are some really quick ideas that took me 3 minutes to create. Just for ideas
Wow!! That is very impressive. So If I were to design a logo in Microsoft Word, after it is designed how would I make that into a shirt design? Would I just send the word doc containing the logo to a design company and they could get the logo onto shirts? Sorry about my lack of knowledge on this topic...

I really appreciate you putting the time into designing those!
Exmark Metro 36''
Toro Super Recycler 21in
Toro Recycler 22in
Honda Harmony 21in
Echo PB-500
Echo srm-230
Echo srm-225 (2)
Echo HC-150 (2)
Echo CS-400
Peltor worktunes
Old 12-21-2011, 01:23 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

MS Word is a word processing program NOT a graphics editor. How did you get that on word or did you use Publisher? I don't know what you did that on but it looks pretty good.
I do have a question though...a few weeks ago weren't you Josh's Lawn Care??? Or is that someone else?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I started as Joshs Lawn Care when I was 13 and last year I took on a business partner for medical reasons and we started Patkin and James Lawn Care. My avatar logo has been Joshs Lawn Care until today when I finally got around to changing it to our current logo. Nice observation skills haha.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

any decent printing company has graphic artists on hand to help you out. Send them the logo i made. and say this is what you want it to look like and for a small fee (25-75 dollars) they will recreate in the PNG, or Vector Art file used in printing and graphic files. These are large, multi layer formats used to get the proper color out of your logo when applied to the marketing literature or clothing.

For the logo, I used a logo creator though MAC. Took me 3 minutes literally! I typed in your name, picked a font, color and clip art and walaaa!

Insured and Licensed
Old 12-21-2011, 01:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLONGLANDSCAPING View Post
any decent printing company has graphic artists on hand to help you out. Send them the logo i made. and say this is what you want it to look like and for a small fee (25-75 dollars) they will recreate in the PNG, or Vector Art file used in printing and graphic files. These are large, multi layer formats used to get the proper color out of your logo when applied to the marketing literature or clothing.

For the logo, I used a logo creator though MAC. Took me 3 minutes literally! I typed in your name, picked a font, color and clip art and walaaa!
Awesome! This is great to know. I will look into this. Thank you very much for all of your help!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2011, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

no problem. Marketing is the easier part of this business. Which needs to be there to run a successful business. No marketing or branding and no one knows who you are..... what good does it do to even be working then? You'll never grow because no one knows who to call.

GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE MAN!

let me know if you have any more questions

Insured and Licensed
Old 12-21-2011, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I had www.plan-itgraphics.com re-do a logo for me about 5 years ago and he did a great job....
Old 12-21-2011, 01:53 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC View Post
I had www.plan-itgraphics.com re-do a logo for me about 5 years ago and he did a great job....
does he use all stock photos? I dont like how the pictures dont look like actual work, just like the cover of a magazine. His design work looks excellent though.

Insured and Licensed
Old 12-21-2011, 12:14 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

While you're changing things... I would probably go to a generic name rather then using actual names. That way if one of you move away to college or something, the other can continue running the business without changing the name again.

It's easier to do that now before you have a lot of money invested in promotional stuff and legal stuff (DOT, etc).

My picture thread:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=374000
Old 12-21-2011, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
While you're changing things... I would probably go to a generic name rather then using actual names. That way if one of you move away to college or something, the other can continue running the business without changing the name again.

It's easier to do that now before you have a lot of money invested in promotional stuff and legal stuff (DOT, etc).
I AGREE TO THE N'TH DEGREE! There is no way in hell i would call a company names "Patkin and James Lawn Care" over "PJ Lawn Care and Landscaping" ,"Priority Lawn care", "Ideal Cuts Lawn Care", "Precision Blade Scapes Lawn Care"

Choose something generic for your name that tells people what you do. My biggest regret is using my last name. People just know ME now and the name comes with it I guess.

Insured and Licensed