Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-21-2011, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Member

vacationing in Florida

Hey all. Sorry for busting in on your page. I am looking to bring my kids down there on vacation. Looking to rent a house on the beach but every place I call is all sales. Don't wanna do Disney or anything like that. Looking to relax and do some fishing. This would be in April. Before clean ups and after snow. Any help is much appreciated. Looking forward to green grass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2011, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3wlandscaping View Post
Hey all. Sorry for busting in on your page. I am looking to bring my kids down there on vacation. Looking to rent a house on the beach but every place I call is all sales. Don't wanna do Disney or anything like that. Looking to relax and do some fishing. This would be in April. Before clean ups and after snow. Any help is much appreciated. Looking forward to green grass.
Posted via Mobile Device
Locations that you would like to visit would be good. I am going to suggest Sanibel Island as it is everything you think of when you think of a FL beach. The island is truly small - and from what I seen there the activities of nightlife, shopping etc are truly limited, but if you just want a place to get away and spend time with family and relax and enjoy our weather....this is a good place to get away from it all.

Look at this if it interest you.
http://sanibel-island-condo-rentals.com/index.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=sanib...w=1639&bih=771

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Member

+1 on Sanibel.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Long Boat Key, Venice, Singer Island...

How long you coming down for? Houses command seasonal rates as much as 4-5 X the rental rate for year round, the shorter your stay, the higher the rate.

I'd see about getting time sharing plan, you should be able to purchase somebodies time directly, check Craigs list.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Geist Yard Works View Post
Locations that you would like to visit would be good. I am going to suggest Sanibel Island as it is everything you think of when you think of a FL beach. The island is truly small - and from what I seen there the activities of nightlife, shopping etc are truly limited, but if you just want a place to get away and spend time with family and relax and enjoy our weather....this is a good place to get away from it all.

Look at this if it interest you.
http://sanibel-island-condo-rentals.com/index.html

http://www.google.com/search?q=sanib...w=1639&bih=771

Yo

Sanibel is in my Back Yard and I can make Sanibel in under an Hour by boat and 5 hours by car in traffic season. The big problem is Sanibel is a Traffic Jam Nightmare. Sanibel is a Tourist Mecca or Trap depending on how you look at it

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
check Craigs list.
I would check this if you are feel secure about it. There are always people looking to get back to a location close to there home for a period of time or just a get away and they know having a FL home they can make the trades.
I have never personally done it because I am not sure I would like someone having access to all my personal belongings and information etc. but if it is something that your feel comfortable with it does work from what I understand.

The key of course if having a place that people would find attractive to visit in return.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Just comming down for a week. I deal with people all the time So I would prefer not to be around the people I deal with everyday. If ya know what I mean. Pita. I am more so looking for a place I can have a camp fire at night. That kind of place. Not high dollar resort where your treated like kings and queens. I hope ya all know what I mean. And thank u so much for all the help
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Just comming down for a week. I deal with people all the time So I would prefer not to be around the people I deal with everyday. If ya know what I mean. Pita. I am more so looking for a place I can have a camp fire at night. That kind of place. Not high dollar resort where your treated like kings and queens. I hope ya all know what I mean. And thank u so much for all the help
Posted via Mobile Device

You can forget the camp fire. South Florida is semi Tropical and has the Typical Wet and Dry season of the Tropics. April is the heart of the dry season and Wild Fire time. If you want a fire be sure there is a real fire place that is well protected and legal to burn in at that time of year.

You might want to check out Englewood Beach. It is more of a retirement area with very little tourist attractions but a nice Beach with best clear Blue water on the Gulf Coast and Lemon Bay back water for great flats fishing or crabbing etc. Traffic in April is going to be heavy all over Florida because of Spring Break. But IMHO Englewood is still a relatively unknown area to tourist. Venice to the North is a Bigger city and more congested, Boca Grande to the south is Rockefeller/Vanderbilt country but has the same Beautiful waters and Beaches as Sarasota which is to the North.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

Old 12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Member

We love Sanibel Island. Their off season is the summer months. We have stayed here http://www.blind-pass.com/ 4 out of the last 6 years and love it. Fishing off the beach in front of the condos is great during the summer. Not sure if the snook will be as good in April. Ding Darling park on the island is also good for fishing. They have a wildlife drive I'm guessing about 7 miles long. I usually pack a couple of rods in the car and stop at the culvert pipe runoff areas to fish. Caught a couple of nice redfish there last summer. Snook, spanish mackeral and trout are caught at the pass a mile north of Blind Pass condos.
We love the restaurants on both Sanibel and Captiva Islands. Doc Ford's, Island Cow, The Bubble Room, and Timbers to list a few.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:08 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Amann View Post
We love Sanibel Island. Their off season is the summer months. We have stayed here http://www.blind-pass.com/ 4 out of the last 6 years and love it. Fishing off the beach in front of the condos is great during the summer. Not sure if the snook will be as good in April. Ding Darling park on the island is also good for fishing. They have a wildlife drive I'm guessing about 7 miles long. I usually pack a couple of rods in the car and stop at the culvert pipe runoff areas to fish. Caught a couple of nice redfish there last summer. Snook, spanish mackeral and trout are caught at the pass a mile north of Blind Pass condos.
We love the restaurants on both Sanibel and Captiva Islands. Doc Ford's, Island Cow, The Bubble Room, and Timbers to list a few.
Greg

I know you and Rick both love Sanibel. But the key words in your statement are OFF SEASON. Try driving on the Island during spring break and you would have a totally different attitude about a Sanibel High Season vacation.

Remember I live close enough to Sanibel to see it at it's best and worst. The OP is asking for a place where he doesn't have to deal with people. Sanibel is the last place he needs to vacation in High Season.

Too bad you don't have a Boat here in Florida. Cay Costa is a island only excessable by boat and also a state park. It is just a few miles North of Sanibel with Sand Bottom clear Gulf water that is cleaner than Sanibel. Cay Costa doesn't have any tourtist traps and might offer you a more quite vacation away from people. It would be more of a camping in the ruff type experience.

http://www.floridastateparks.org/cayocosta/