Register free!

Old 12-30-2011, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A move like that would probably put me out of business and fast. Not from customers cancelling. Try the DOA auditing and citing. You see, if a concerned, conscientious citizen calls, they have to audit. More than one call in a 6 month period and I get a fine. They do not care if it was only dihydrogen monoxide. Spray drift is a big issue here.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 12-30-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
A move like that would probably put me out of business and fast. Not from customers cancelling. Try the DOA auditing and citing. You see, if a concerned, conscientious citizen calls, they have to audit. More than one call in a 6 month period and I get a fine. They do not care if it was only dihydrogen monoxide. Spray drift is a big issue here.
I know, I was joking. No doubt wind can be a real problem and it sounds like your getting more than your fair share.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-30-2011, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I knew you were. That was for the benefit of others who think it is some kind of game to spray in the wind. The DOA does not know me other than the fact that I am listed as a commercial applicator. According to them, there are many others they know as violators of WPS and drift prevention.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
I knew you were. That was for the benefit of others who think it is some kind of game to spray in the wind. The DOA does not know me other than the fact that I am listed as a commercial applicator. According to them, there are many others they know as violators of WPS and drift prevention.
Just the way you want to keep it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Fl- landscapes can i make the run from Pine island to Cayo Costa in an Duracraft 18ft aluminum boat. It is extra wide with high gunnels. it is also a jet drive and will run in less then 12" of water all day long. I would like to take the family there in the early spring. Also how is the fishing around the park in late March. Thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 11:59 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithslawnc View Post
Fl- landscapes can i make the run from Pine island to Cayo Costa in an Duracraft 18ft aluminum boat. It is extra wide with high gunnels. it is also a jet drive and will run in less then 12" of water all day long. I would like to take the family there in the early spring. Also how is the fishing around the park in late March. Thanks
Keith

The back side of Cay Costa is the Inter-coastal. When I lived in Boca Grande I had friends who lived on both Pine Island and Cay Costa. They came to Boca by 16 & 18 ft boats all the time. However the weather can kick up from time to time. Most days you should be fine.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:24 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Ric
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithslawnc View Post
Like ric said, that's an easy run for you in that boat. If weather is nice and seas flat go out captive pass and enjoy the gulf side beaches all the way to cay a costa. No rocks to worry about so you can pull your boat right up on the beach or just anchor close to shore and swim in. I love it out there! Fishing is pretty good year round. March may be the start of tarpon season which boca grande is known to be the best tarpon fishing in the world. Just eat your wheaties because they will wear you down
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i would say stay away from ft myers beach that time of year. march and april is spring break down here. the locals steer clear of the beach that time of the year. like ric said unless you like to sit in traffic for hrs on in...

cayo costa is a nice place...sanibel is nice also but very small.. if your looking for some R&R cayo costa is the place both sanibel and ft myers beach will be a mad house that time of year...

i havent been to the beach in yrs.. spent alot of time there in high school and right after high school but you'd have to pay me to go down there now...
Old 01-01-2012, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
i would say stay away from ft myers beach that time of year. march and april is spring break down here. the locals steer clear of the beach that time of the year. like ric said unless you like to sit in traffic for hrs on in...

cayo costa is a nice place...sanibel is nice also but very small.. if your looking for some R&R cayo costa is the place both sanibel and ft myers beach will be a mad house that time of year...

i havent been to the beach in yrs.. spent alot of time there in high school and right after high school but you'd have to pay me to go down there now...

Karl

Because of the Phosphate Docks Boca Grande had tons of microbes that glow in the dark. Back in the day, swimming at night was extra fun because you would glowed green when you got out of the water. Even today watching a boat wake you can see the Microbes glowing at night. The effect went North to South Venice Beach but not very far south of Cay Costa.

Of course back then there were miles and miles of open beach. You could do anything on the beach, and Did. Today there are too many private Beaches and the Public Beaches are patrolled heavy now.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.