Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-28-2012, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I want to hear if everyone else is having the same great surge in demand I'm seeing. I've gained a dozen accounts in a very short period of time. The last three years was a challenge and now all of a sudden it's raining new clients left and right.

I actually canned one client who I had put up with for way too long. He'd been a client for eight years but he cherished the antagonist role way too much. Felt good to tell him his service has been terminated.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 03-29-2012, 08:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been getting slammed with estimate requests and I too have been gaining a good number of clients. It has allowed me to be selective with my pricing and also with new client screening. I've also been able to say goodbye to some clients who simply weren't worth the trouble they cause. So far it has been a good spring. I am hoping the momentum carries through the season.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody82986 View Post
I've been getting slammed with estimate requests and I too have been gaining a good number of clients. It has allowed me to be selective with my pricing and also with new client screening. I've also been able to say goodbye to some clients who simply weren't worth the trouble they cause. So far it has been a good spring. I am hoping the momentum carries through the season.
The DFW area should have a good year. You are totally off the drought status maps now. We're going in the right direction here in Austin but we really need to get the lake up another 20' to insure no restrictions late in the summer. The lake has finally cracked 640' which feels pretty good. All restrictions have been dropped for people on Edwards Aquifer water like myself. This Texas weather is enough to make anyone become religious!

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Howdy.

Found this thread.

North Texas (DFW area)

I do know of a case where the comptroller got the client not the vendor for sales taxes. The vendor did not charge it so the client had to pay all the back taxes.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome Duekster. If anyone is looking for the best work pants you need to try the Carhart 151's. Sierra Trading Post online has the best deals for pants. I may ante up and buy work pants for my crew this year

For you Austin area people the best deals for hats and shirts with printing is at Austin Screen Printing. The Adams Extreme Series hats are the best hats money can buy for sun protection. I have an order to pickup on Monday.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

cool hat
did I win one?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
cool hat
did I win one?
Close but no quite. Dis you go to the TNLA show in Dallas last summer?

Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys. I went ahead and put my email and phone number in my company bio section in case anyone want to give me a holler. I sent Bee Caves Lawn Service a solid lead but I don't think he's been checking his email. We're all in business here with our names and numbers plastered god knows where. It's not like we have unlisted numbers.

I thought it could be handy to be able to just send each other an email if something comes up or or actually pick up that thing called a phone and use it for something other then text messages.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
Hey guys. I went ahead and put my email and phone number in my company bio section in case anyone want to give me a holler. I sent Bee Caves Lawn Service a solid lead but I don't think he's been checking his email. We're all in business here with our names and numbers plastered god knows where. It's not like we have unlisted numbers.

I thought it could be handy to be able to just send each other an email if something comes up or or actually pick up that thing called a phone and use it for something other then text messages.
I do not come here to advertise. Send me a few of those hats
Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Mystery Shrub

I deal with some things like Greek Myrtles, Little Leaf Greek Myrtles, and Thryallis that many people have never heard of. The plant in the picture was planted in a row in a backyard off Southwest Parkway. I have no idea what it is. It looks like it could be in the Viburnum family but that's is a guess. Does anyone know what the plant is I'm talking about.
Attached Images