Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2012, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachianoutdoors View Post
Hissing Cobra,
Just wanted to give you props for the helpful information to someone coming to the forum for helpful information, instead of being "sarcastic or even synical" as another member was trying to be. For some reason, sarcastic or synical seems to always come across as obnoxious.
Let me know if you go the route of TGCL/Scotts 5 step program or not, then I'll be less synical...
Old 02-18-2012, 05:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallaxe View Post
Let me know if you go the route of TGCL/Scotts 5 step program or not, then I'll be less synical...
not sure if you are thinking 5 steps doesnt work but in the northeast 4 -1pound apps of N and 1 fall lime is a standard program done by a lot of companies up here. I think thats what the original post might have been ref to.
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 02-19-2012, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble1 View Post
not sure if you are thinking 5 steps doesnt work but in the northeast 4 -1pound apps of N and 1 fall lime is a standard program done by a lot of companies up here. I think thats what the original post might have been ref to.
I'm not disagreeing that virtually everybody around here is selling a 4-7 step program to anyone, and everyone, who will pay for it...

There's an Adage that states: "He who frames the arguement, wins the Debate."

This discussion is "reframed" from my POV. My point is, that Just because everybody's doing it... Doesn't make it , Right!!!...

When one tries to prove that a 5 month growing season needs, 4-7 apps of everything, every year... well,... then you're selling snake oil, at many different levels...
Remember, I am a full service, that benefits from, NOT, charging for certain apps., once it is discovered, that they are not needed.
I actually benefit, by not applying all 7 times...

I understand that in order for 'squirt&fert', to survive as a business, they require all 7 apps. be paid for... I understand the business principle of landscape/lawncare, in that respect, since its inception...
The thing I'm talking about is,,, changing that unnecessary app or two, into something of longterm value... I was thinking that it may be the opportunity to do some Soil Building...