Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-29-2011, 11:20 AM
LawnSite Member

What is Metro Lawn?

My company and I have recently discovered propane as a alternative source of fuel and we've been looking for more information. We keep coming across Metro Lawn but we not entirely sure what exactly they do. If you've used their services please let know how it works and what your experience was with them.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2011, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I PMed the metro lawn rep yesterday, they sells conversion kits for gas engines. I'm pretty sure they do other things, but I did not ask.

I gave him my engine specs and Im waiting for him to respond.

Propane is definitely something I wish we figured out earlier, there are so many benefits over gas.

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 12-30-2011, 11:28 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure Terry will chime in but here is my take. They are a marketing company for heritage propane targeting the mowing industry. They have programs to get a company started without cutting corners, proper training, epa approved kits, and fuel source. They have partners that supply the kits and maybe training (don't know if they do it in house or not).

If you want a one stop shop they are it if you are in a hertiage propane service area. The service they offer does come with a price, you will need to decide if it is worth it to you.

I looked into propane and the biggest issue is that you can't find kits online. From terry its about 750 and locally its 430 or so. Want a carb for a kawi fd750 search for it online and you can't find one. Liability is tossed out there as a reason but a person can buy nos kits online all day long. Also shop the propane companies on prices, major differences there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-31-2011, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Metro Lawn is a full service turn key operation for converting small lawn and landscape gasoline engine equipment to a leaner, cleaner burning propne. We train the techs how to, we supply the kits, we deliver the propne for use and we can even do the conversins our selves in house. We are the only type business like this in the US. We take are pf it all. We can also assist in converting your large trucks and vehicles as well if needed.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Member

How much does the program cost?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Does the $1000 (roughly) include installation?

Tags
alt fuel , metro lawn , propane