Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-04-2012, 02:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Both square and gopayment work on the droid.

Doug
Old 01-04-2012, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great, thanks.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

is there a ongoing monthly fee if you run cards or not. i used to have a cc machine and they charge me $20 per month each month i ran cards. then they raised it to 50 every month wether or not i ran cards or not . i stopped useig it last year. i also had to pay their %2.7 on what i ran
Old 01-04-2012, 05:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Worried about Visa/Mastercard suing you over a freakn 1 to 2 dollar fee! What are you bananas.....Verizon is about to charge you $2 fee and what did they say, they had to off set the fee's CC companys are charging them for running the payments. If you call "ANY" company and I mean "ANY" company and try to make a payment over the phone with a credit card they are going to charge you a fee. These people who run these companys are not stupid and are very smart at getting every single dollar out of you they can.

And I dont think I made myself clear with my first post, I only charge a fee if they are paying over the phone, when you manually enter payment using SquareUp they increase the fee for running the card. If they pay with a card at the door I'll eat the small fee, sure beats going to the bank.

SquareUp doesnt charge any on going fee's per month like traditional CC machine companys. You are not in a contract, they dont charge you for the equipment, you dont have to keep a landline.

All this PCI non compliant, they are going to sue you, whatever...we are mowing lawns and we need our money now...not later...not when the customer feels like mailing a check...now. As Lawn Companys every second of every day we are costing our selves money...they faster we get payed the better our pockets feel.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Actually, Verizon decided not to charge the $2 because of all the negative feedback they got over it.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Wouldnt charging a fee on top of the original price hike up the over all price due to the percentage of the sale?
Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Ended up ordering the reader on Tuesday and it came in today. So far so good, I was surprised on how fast they shipped
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigirish320 View Post
Ended up ordering the reader on Tuesday and it came in today. So far so good, I was surprised on how fast they shipped
Posted via Mobile Device
Which one did you go with?
Old 01-05-2012, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkownfl View Post
Which one did you go with?
Ended up going with the square up, as soon as i got it i ran a car through it and it worked very fast and no lie less than 5 seconds later i had an email confirming the payment and the card owner had a text and an email confirming. So far so good

Rhode Island Landscapers Thread:
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Good point. Even if you calculated how much the fee would be and added it to the customer's bill, it would cause the fee to be even higher than it would have been, thus defeating the purpose of passing it on to the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak406 View Post
Wouldnt charging a fee on top of the original price hike up the over all price due to the percentage of the sale?

Tags
credit card , iphone , reader , square up , swipe