Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2012, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Imprelis nightmare continues.

I have been looking at tons of info on this site concerning the dreaded Imprelis. There have been a lot of misconceptions and I would like to hopefully clear up a few. 1) Dupont will pay LCO's for the full invoiced amount of Imprelis that you purchased. You simply contact the place where you purchased it and they will issue you a credit for the FULL invoiced amount. You can then call your supplier and get a check for the credited amount once it posts to your acct. VERY SIMPLE. I did it.. you can too. 2) In the letter that Dupont sent me on sept 6 2011 and signed by McDermott it clearly states that Dupont will compensate YOU for removal & disposal of impacted trees which are unlikely to recover, Dupont will compensate YOU for replacing trees that are unlikely to recover, Dupont will provide a 2 yr warranty to program participants for all replacement trees AND should Imprelis cause ANY impact to other trees on your customers' properties during THE NEXT 2 YEARS this warranty will cover those trees as well. PLUS if any tree does not recover SATISFACTORILY by June 2012, then Dupont will pay to replace that tree as well. Plus Dupont will offer additional compensation to damage victims to help make up for their additional losses, etc. Dupont seems to be trying to vary from some of the details of this letter, but I will hold them to it right down to the letter. I was lucky to have only 90 properties with significant damage, but it has still been a nightmare. I believe that in time, I will have to take Dupont to court to be compensated for lost clients, future income from those clients, bad word of mouth because of Duponts' excessive delays, and future losses I can't even conceive as of yet. I have been in contact with Duponts' attorneys and have gotten mixed answers about my concerns. I started removing trees Dec 15 and have documented everything. I am doing this for a limited few of my clients who have been calling on a daily basis with threats. Now they are satisfied, life is improving, and I get the pleasaure of keeping Dupont honest. The biggest piece of advice I can offer is to document all of your time spent on this and watch carefully for Dupont to attempt to change the rules without notice. Dupont is a big corporation and they have a many attorneys focused on saving Dupont money. Let's keep them honest.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The delays in action have been the biggest deal for me.
They did not even arrange to get the damaged trees out b/f winter now my customer sits with brown trees all winter.

Also, with respect to product return for refund, is that just remaining product you have on hand OR is that any product you bought period whether used up or not?
21" Toro SR4 Super Recycler
Stihl KM90 Kombi w/ straight shaft trimmer & tiller heads
Husqvarna 125B Blower
PG Magnum
Turfco XT5 Aerator
Turfco LS-22 Overseeder
EcoLawn 200 Applicator

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Any Imprelis purchased. Period. The reason it is taking so long is because Epiq knows nothing about trees or the magnitude of all of this. Dupont is winging it. Just remember to keep track of all of your time prior to the launch of the claims process. They have to compensate you for it plus loss of clients and future income those clients would have brought to your company. Tim
Old 01-03-2012, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have you heard WHEN they may start making offers?

Around here Brickman has been replacing trees over the last month. Do they know something we dont?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

If they are replacing trees it would be interesting to know if they are following Duponts planting guidelines, This requires a 1 ft overdig from rootball to wall 3 ft ball is 5 ft hole, and activated charcoal in and around the hole wall and also treat the rootball and new backfill.I have done 28 trees in December and it is very slow planting. I asked Dupont 3 weeks ago what to do with the dug soil and "no response" as I was told no one had asked this yet.This will be a bigger nightmare this spring.I do not know of a single tree compensated for as of yet.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If this is true John Deere owes me another 1400 and change. I got a full refund for one bottle but had triple rinsed and disposed of the other 21/2 gallon jug.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We chose to not handle the trees, nothing has been done yet and we expect that spring will be the time
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes, You need to put activated charcoal in with the 12" of perimeter soil when you place the new tree. Yes, The John Deere facility definitely owes you for the other jug. If they wont help you, call the 800 number for Dupont help and tell them you want to get a call from a manager. I have only done a couple of replacements due to the fact that no money has come yet from Dupont. I started on the 2 properties basically to get Epiq fired up. Plus I reminded them of what it states in the letter I received dated Sept 6 in which it clearly states that I am to be directly compensated for removal and replacement of trees not expected to survive. I will try to scan and download this letter on this site for all to see. The reason Dupont(Epiq) is dragging their feet so extensively is that they are simply overwhelmed with the sheer number of claims and don't have the ability to handle the logistics of it all. This is another reason why they keep contradicting themselves as is evident in how they mysteriously veered away from what they promised in the Sept 6 letter. Tim
Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Grassman, How many clients do you estimate have Imprelis damage?
Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM
LawnSite Member

GQnine44, Brickmans' size has obviously weighed in their favor. I know that for awhile they were planning on suing Dupont. Perhaps Dupont expedited their claim to satiate them. I believe it was Brickman who sprayed Eli Lilys' property killing approx 1 mill in damage. All I know is that Brickman is not talking. I tried unsuccessfully to work with them when all of this first started. They were pretty afraid to talk about it. (understandably). Good luck all. Tim