Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i dont understand y people put in those tiny ass gates...i dnt even bother with customers anymore that dont have somthing big enough to get a 48 in mower. lol....and do i see a bon fire in the near future?? hahah
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
i dont understand y people put in those tiny ass gates...i dnt even bother with customers anymore that dont have somthing big enough to get a 48 in mower. lol....and do i see a bon fire in the near future?? hahah
Its true it becomes a lot extra work to do it with a 21. She is a good customer though and pays for other services and is super easy going. I would consider tearing that gate, trimming back the bush and putting a 36" gate in.

And the fort is just great, we all drive the trucks back there after work during the week, and have a big fire on our couches. We need to get a couple more. When the couches get squirrel infested you just burn them and get some more on junk day!

Last edited by S-205; 03-10-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Started working at the tree job again, pulling out brush so that it could be chipped but we got rained out. And I re-planted an evergreen that was blown over from the wind at that house too. Class tonight, I believe we're learning about aqua-scapes, and a little bit more of hardscaping too.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm taking care of a customers chickens this week while they're away. LOL It's actually kinda fun, I got 12 eggs yesterday and 8 today.
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2012, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

mmmmmm fried chicken. hahahha
Old 03-12-2012, 07:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Here is my brothers 6.0L 250. Its a 2005, has an edge chip with SCT custom tune soon hopefully. EGR delete, 4" MBRP Turbo Back exhaust, AFE stage 2 intake, and some 2011 rims. I believe its around 520 hp/750tq right now? Its fast and hauls like the world is on fire though.

I also saw this at the Dodge dealership. A 5500 with the 6.7 cummins. I was curious if all these 5500 or 550's would have central hydraulics? Or if thats an option (probably an expensive one.)
That is a good looking 6.0 but its only got about 400hp. It may have 520 at the crank but its not making it to the wheels. I used to have one that was pretty heavily modified. Tell him to get an SCT with custom tunes as soon as he can. They make a huge difference. Mine were from Innovative Diesel.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:57 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
mmmmmm fried chicken. hahahha
LOL it's nice to have some chickens around, my fridge is overflowing in eggs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerRidge View Post
That is a good looking 6.0 but its only got about 400hp. It may have 520 at the crank but its not making it to the wheels. I used to have one that was pretty heavily modified. Tell him to get an SCT with custom tunes as soon as he can. They make a huge difference. Mine were from Innovative Diesel.
Oh okay, that makes sense. I guess that was done on the 5th setting of his chip, he has the ARP head studs and all that fun stuff done to it as well. He planned on doing SCT custom tunes, because many people advised him that was the best way. But now he has decided the best way is to buy a Cummins. He likes everything but the motor and even afkter $4k in repairs it isn't reliable. 2 weeks after he bought it, it died and took nearly two months to modify and fix everything. It was good for a while after with the mods, and it's starting to have starting troubles again. He's getting fed up with it. It needs two new batteries and this thing has like 110k kms on it.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I like the 80's rx7. I used to have an 89 turbo II, Was an awesome car.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 03-14-2012, 05:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO View Post
I like the 80's rx7. I used to have an 89 turbo II, Was an awesome car.
Cool, yeah they're super cool cars.

So I've been busy with that tree job, I cleared the front and had it chipped, now I'm starting the rest of it, and its moving along.

I've been weighing some trailer options lately, I found a 6.5x16ft tandem with a side gate, but was concerned with the height of it, our 6x12 has drop axles which is nice for the riders. The 7x14 we have isn't as ideal, it sits pretty high and has a pretty short ramp, we've never used it for maintenance yet because we got it before the winter, but last time I loaded the lazer on, I'm pretty sure the deck it, the Scag doesn't though. If they put drop axles on the one I'm looking at i'd be happy as well as some mesh or solid sides.

The other option is an enclosed, does anyone have any suggestions as for brands? I'm looking at either 7 or 8.5x16, I want a side door, and a roof vent. New or used really. Suggestions?
Old 03-17-2012, 06:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Still a little bit thrown between the open/enclosed debate. I'm leaning more towards an open just so I can easily load brush, have lots of room to maneuver without the walls boxing me in. If I damage an open trailer I basically just throw some paint on it. I'll have more visibility too for my tighter places. Looking at a 6.5x16 foot, with a 5 foot gate, and 48" side ramp. Hopefully with trimmer and blower racks, a front box, and a rack for tools.

Here's some shots of whats going on lately, taking the roller in to get washed before paint (pics of that to come) and my brothers new LTZ, mine should be purchased soon!

And some brush I hauled from that tree job, its closeby so the unsafe load wasn't really a problem
Attached Images