Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomowdig View Post
I see smarts, energy, work ethic and ambition here. You'll find a path to the future and do OK. Good Luck.
Thank you, that means a lot to me

Side note: does anyone else have a problem with the material not sliding out of the dump? It's quite irritating to shuffle the trailer forward and backwards until it comes out, and it often doesn't. The pile ends up being one long line of material.

Last edited by S-205; 04-05-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.T. View Post
Thank you, that means a lot to me

Side note: does anyone else have a problem with the material not sliding out of the dump? It's quite irritating to shuffle the trailer forward and backwards until it comes out, and it often doesn't. The pile ends up being one long line of material.
i only have that problem when the material is wet or if iv had mulch in there for a long time, dnt try pushing the piles back with the trailer tho while u have a coupler..i tryed to do that n it broke the coupler on my trailer so i upgraded to a pintle.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a pintle on the dump now, so it doesn't really matter too much. But no matter what material it is, it doesn't like to come out.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This customer was the pickiest not picky person! Among her very rich neighbourhood, filled with formal landscapes with defined and symmetrical edges, she was the only one who wanted a semi natural look. So she didn't want to deep edging, but less of an edge with a free flowing field. So I tried to the best I could to do that. It is a beautiful house, we did 4 yards of mulch, and some clean up. Needs about another 12 yards.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

Looks like to me that that is one huge house. Hopefully you get more bids from neighbors seeing your work. I'm sorry that you guy's bought crappy accounts from that lawn care company, but at least you got a scag and some other equipment to go with it. What is your best advice for those that work full time and have to manage going to school?
Old 04-06-2012, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ur not kidding that that house is huge!! looks like it has a great property to go with it as well....going back to yr dump trailer, how is the dumping angle on it? do you have tripple stage cylinders in it?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grounds Crew View Post
Looks like to me that that is one huge house. Hopefully you get more bids from neighbors seeing your work. I'm sorry that you guy's bought crappy accounts from that lawn care company, but at least you got a scag and some other equipment to go with it. What is your best advice for those that work full time and have to manage going to school?
Yeah thats one of the smaller ones in that neighbourhood, there is about a 4 acre cut just down the road that somebody had hydroseeded. It gets long but it isn't thick. I cut that when I do this house. The work is there though, most houses are maintained by larger companies I think.

The accounts, I wouldn't say are crappy, they justy have a lot to be done, that hasn't been done for a long time. You can tell that care was not taken as I think it should have been. The accounts themselves though are pretty good, I like them in general.

The school dilemma is hard for me to say. Honestly, I never worked full time when I was in school, aside from right now but mine is night school, only a night a week for a few hours. One suggestion may be to tailor your schedule for school as best you can. Often in full time courses, there is room to change class time and classes so that you can better suit your needs. Whether you like working before or after school.

Wise use of your time when you are working is always smart, eliminate wasting time with driving around, texting, socializing, etc. Easier said than done I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPZ Enterprises View Post
ur not kidding that that house is huge!! looks like it has a great property to go with it as well....going back to yr dump trailer, how is the dumping angle on it? do you have tripple stage cylinders in it?
The dumop angle is pretty high, I'd say like 70 degree's maybe? Its the twin cylinder type, mounted under the frame, not in front.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I sold the roller this morning, it was just too old, too many things worn out and not working properly, the oil is the gearbox literally consisted of dirt, water, and rust? So who knows what could be wrong in there, the motor ran OK but it was going to be a headache. Got 500 bucks for it, haha! It was from like 1960!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

id say u made out on that sale then....500 bucks! lol
Old 04-07-2012, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This guy kept on calling and calling frantic that he was going to be too late, meanwhile like one other person had called and low balled. So I think the fly by nighters who do aeration and rolling in the spring like having this kind of stuff.

I don't see much real good in rolling besides levelling the ground. Compaction of turf and soil negatively affects the growing conditions of many plants. Some people want it though, so I can see that the work is there. Just not for me, too much to do as it is, don't have to spend hours tinkering around with that peice of crap.