Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-06-2012, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Have you started spraying yet?

Hello,
I am just curious where everyone else is at as far as begining their first round of spraying? I have been getting tons of calls wondering where I am. For starters we still have some temps getting in the low 20's at night and there is small amounts of snow still on the north side of buildings that hasnt melted yet. Where is everyone at? has anyone started? if so what area are you in......Thanks and good luck to everyone hope we all have a great year!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:51 PM
LawnSite Member

From oklahoma here too. I'm gonna start next week. I have about 200 or so to do as of right now so I gotta get it on to get them all done.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, we still have another 90 days of killing freezes in central
Oklahoma.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wow are yall talking about new lawns?
My regulars are still pretty nice and clean. I am thinking about going ahead and starting my radio ad early because there are so many lawns right now that are full of cool season weeds that are growing like crazy with the warmer temps we have been having though.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That blows me away that yall are starting this early. I don't give a dam but what you put down now is a waste of the customers money. I'm getting ready to send letters out to other lawn care customers to explain to them what is going on. The only way any fert might work if you put down 100% slow release and nobody is going to spend the money on that. I saw a company out last week using Southern State. That's BS
Old 01-07-2012, 02:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You are spraying ice melter for parking lot pre-treatment...RIGHT. LOL!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you wanted some extra income in the winter months you can have a round 1 that is Gly only. Just target your grassy weeds. But it's to cold for me, I'd rather varmit hunt the winter away. I don't start until March.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superintendent View Post
That blows me away that yall are starting this early. I don't give a dam but what you put down now is a waste of the customers money. I'm getting ready to send letters out to other lawn care customers to explain to them what is going on. The only way any fert might work if you put down 100% slow release and nobody is going to spend the money on that. I saw a company out last week using Southern State. That's BS
Your right about the fert part. Our grasses or dormant right now except the very few Fescue and overseeded Rye ones and they will get fert [in my area anyway] mid Feb and fert on the Bermuda and St Augustine in April. However, with daytime temps anywhere from 55-65 [couple of days this week that were right at 70] and night temps 35-45 the cool season weeds are going crazy in my area right now. The untreated lawns are needing cut every 2-3 weeks. That is why I thought about going ahead and running my add and spraying some Speedzone Southern for Henbit, Clover, Blackmedic, ect.....
Old 01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turf Dawg View Post
Wow are yall talking about new lawns?
My regulars are still pretty nice and clean. I am thinking about going ahead and starting my radio ad early because there are so many lawns right now that are full of cool season weeds that are growing like crazy with the warmer temps we have been having though.
Yea, new lawns, mine I sprayed in fall look great gonna hold off on them
Old 01-07-2012, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARMIT COMMISSION View Post
Wow, we still have another 90 days of killing freezes in central
Oklahoma.
If you'll notice it has been freezing but weeds are still growing. If your gonna do 6 or so total apps gotta start early