The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-29-2012, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I have the 1000 blade balancer. I will get the table
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Been sharpening blades for the last 5 seasons. Can count on 1 hand the number of mulching blades i have sharpened. I know other areas of the country use mulching instead of bagging, The 8000 has a larger motor and can sharpen blades faster than a 9000.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I plan on getting any other options I can to go with my
MM grinder. Already have the balancer. I am praying MM will take back my 9000 so I can get the 8000. Wish I could be 100% sure the 9000 would have worked with walker mower blades.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Member

I have owned MM equipment, any issues have always been handled quick and fair. Last season we added the blade cleaner since that was always a bottle neck in our operation.About 80% of the blades can be cleaned dry.The blade cleaner has a vac port so all dust dirt is in your shop vac. Prior to that we were using a parts washer and even hot pressure wash what a mess. So it speeds up our turn around for the customers.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Member

I have to say that the Magna- Mattic company is the best hands down!!!! Talk about customer service, they are working out the details on returning my 9000 being that I am in the 30 company grace period. They went out of there way and e-mail me back! So professional, they even recommended there other products that will complement the 8000. I am speechless, made in the USA #1!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Gerd: / Magna-matic,
I am so happy with my new 8000, one of the best purchases I have made. It is so well built and user friendly. After using it blade edges look superior to any factory cut brand new blade. NOTHING compares to it! Thank you so much for your help with all this!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

MM 9000 still for sale, like new

My Magna Matic 9000 is still for sale if anyone is interested. It is only 2 months old, and I am only selling to upgrade to the 8000. This has the extended work table on it and has sharpened about 20-25 blades so far and has only slightly worn into the wheel yet.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Howuch do u want for it ? And the reason ur selling is because wont sharpen curved mulching blades right? I've been on the fence about one for a long time and just havent gotten one but if priced right I would like to get one
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2012, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoverma View Post
Howuch do u want for it ? And the reason ur selling is because wont sharpen curved mulching blades right? I've been on the fence about one for a long time and just havent gotten one but if priced right I would like to get one
Posted via Mobile Device
I am only selling to upgrade. Becuase the MM is so new, i am asking $590 for the grinder and $44 for the extended worktable. May not be worth to someone unless you were local and wanted to save tax and shipping. This price may save you $100 off of a new one.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I use gator and high lift blades....will this work with them?

BTW: are gators considered mulching or not? I always considered them the same but I think you guys are saying mulching blades have a bend, which I have also seen.