Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-11-2012, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Guys do yourself a favor and check out Service Auto Pilot. Ive been using them for 2 years now and I switched from grounds keeper pro. Its the best move I have ever made hands down. This is not just a billing software. Service auto pilot actually runs your business. Don't be afraid of the minimal cost. Once you implement it in your business it will make and save you money. Talk with Jonathan and see if its right for you. They even have a free version you can play with. Tell Jonathan Doten's recommended SAP. He may hook you up with some promos.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Does it support accepting payments via Ipad/Iphone or Andriod?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oomph View Post
Does it support accepting payments via Ipad/Iphone or Andriod?
Thats a good question. I have been looking into Service Auto Pilot and think it looks awesome. People can log into your website and pay a bill, but I haven't seen anything for mobile payments.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Yes I believe you can log in with you mobile or ipad and take their cc info and process the payment. Then you could email them their paid invoice. I have not tried this yet as I have the client portal and just have them pay online. There are a ton of features! I'm still learning all of them and the best part is they update often with new features all for free!
Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Forgot to mention the big plus is that all of your data is backed up daily through them. It was a pain with groundskeeper and I was never good about making backups often. Lost my data with them more than once. Its so nice not to have to worry about that. I will also say that their customer support is off the charts.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

The program that i was talking about a few posts back your customers can go to a web page and view thier bill and pay by cc if they wish or mail a check for the total showing. I'll have to post a link for the program tomorrow.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-14-2012, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

To the original poster, i wanted to make sure you knew what parallels is for mac? that will allow you to run the windows only program on a mac, only downside is you have to buy windows, which is an additional cost (obviously). parallels is better than boot camp because you can easily and quickly switch back and forth from the windows side to the mac side rather than shutting down and rebooting to one side or the other. I bought a mac last night and am planning on doing this.

with that being said, i use gopher and love the program...it's simple but it's the best program i have found that will schedule your customers and invoice them at the end of the month, which consists of clicking a button at the end of the month, then folding your invoices...lawnpro sucks and didn't really like groundskeeper...the only other option i would consider is quickbooks pro, then adding q express for scheduling...still though, gopher seems to make scheduling and invoicing very simple, very synchronized...you set up your daily schedule in advance...click on what day you want...print off your list of jobs..at the end of the day click "complete all jobs" or "select completed jobs" and it will automatically put this in the invoice for that customer...then at the end of the month simply click "generate invoices" and it will automatically make the invoices

the only other program i would consider as a step up (much more expensive than gopher and quickbooks) is Service Auto Pilot...definitely the sweetest program on the market but very expensive...you have to coniser everything it does for you tho...i need a program that can do payroll, scheduling, invoicing, receipt/document scanning and organizer, etc., as well as back everything up so i don't have to worry about losing all my data if the computer crashes
Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post
To the original poster, i wanted to make sure you knew what parallels is for mac? that will allow you to run the windows only program on a mac, only downside is you have to buy windows, which is an additional cost (obviously). parallels is better than boot camp because you can easily and quickly switch back and forth from the windows side to the mac side rather than shutting down and rebooting to one side or the other. I bought a mac last night and am planning on doing this.

with that being said, i use gopher and love the program...it's simple but it's the best program i have found that will schedule your customers and invoice them at the end of the month, which consists of clicking a button at the end of the month, then folding your invoices...lawnpro sucks and didn't really like groundskeeper...the only other option i would consider is quickbooks pro, then adding q express for scheduling...still though, gopher seems to make scheduling and invoicing very simple, very synchronized...you set up your daily schedule in advance...click on what day you want...print off your list of jobs..at the end of the day click "complete all jobs" or "select completed jobs" and it will automatically put this in the invoice for that customer...then at the end of the month simply click "generate invoices" and it will automatically make the invoices

the only other program i would consider as a step up (much more expensive than gopher and quickbooks) is Service Auto Pilot...definitely the sweetest program on the market but very expensive...you have to coniser everything it does for you tho...i need a program that can do payroll, scheduling, invoicing, receipt/document scanning and organizer, etc., as well as back everything up so i don't have to worry about losing all my data if the computer crashes
If you need a program to run a program you are already way behind the 8 ball. I think this post really tells you to check out quickbooks - you need to, it will grow with you.
One of the reason we are all in business is to run our own businesses, so what is important is a program that gives you information to make decesions - QBs
36" Ferris
21" Ferris
22" Toro
Redmax 8050
Echo ES 230
Remax 2301 Trimmer
Remax Hedger
Shindaiwa 25 trimmer
Echo 16/18 Chainsaw
Echo 24" Hedge Trimmer
Husaqvana 70 lp spreader
Troy Bush Whacker
Excel 2600 Power Washer
Mighty Mac Shredder
Powermate tillers
Felco hand tools
Old 01-15-2012, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have no problems with groundskeeper pro, I have used it for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassmaster06 View Post
4 years for me and love it the only thing that sucks is folding and sealing all these invoices lol
Posted via Mobile Device
For over 10 years we have wasted time folding those invoices. So I wised up this new year. Bought a folder last Monday from Amazon. Best $260.00 I have ever spent. Works flawlessly.
Martin Yale RapidFold Automatic Desktop Folder, Handles digital paper stocks, Grey (PREP7200)
Old 01-15-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbell36 View Post

i was actually in the apple store the other day and was asking the guy if i could run a windows app on the mac and he was telling me about the parallels program which is really nice but it does suck that you need to buy windows which is a little expense

Rhode Island Landscapers Thread:
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367380

Tags
billing , groundskeeper , mac , scheduling , software