Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-15-2012, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
That's a nice setup. How does it work out for you?
It works really good. I do all the cutting I can with the takkie 150 then we come in with the yanmar and pretty much do all the weed wacking on the areas I can't get to.

"Life is like running a motor grader. You have to look down the road and plan for whats ahead and not down at your feet!"

http://www.youtube.com/user/letsdig18

New facebook fan page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Letsdi...3541611?v=wall

Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm looking to get into this business. I have a jd 4400 with a 513 bush hog i'm trying to get running.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLP View Post
That parking lot has about 30' strip of grass to stack on and a place out back. Last year had it stacked 20' high and filled the back corner. Is there much maintenance on the mowers and do blades last long. I'm used to running a bush hog or flail mower on a tractor. On real thick stuff I go in with an excavator or dozer.
CLP where in Maine are you? I am in Gorham and just picked up a Rockhound for my Kubota U35. So far I like it, what made me go for the Rockhound over the US mower was the hydraulics were setup more for my low GPM on my machine. The us mower needed more. I didn't want to change my machine off the bat. My long term plan if things go well is to add a 50d and a 40" us mower like others on here have. If your ever in the area and want to take a look let me know.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the offer NEUSWEDE, when I'm in the area I may take you up on it. I'm Brunswick, not to far. I know some of you like pictures, I thought I'd try some more. The first ones are a garage tear down and new foundation. The last one haying last year.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

like the pictures how hard was it to demo that house and load out without a thumb?

Brunswick isn't that far and I have a job in Yarmouth brush mowing in the spring.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

It's not bad,the bucket will touch the blade to slide stuff in and I have 3 different buckets to work with. The little ex and backhoe have thumbs. Nice looking mower.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
It's not bad,the bucket will touch the blade to slide stuff in and I have 3 different buckets to work with. The little ex and backhoe have thumbs. Nice looking mower.
What do you have for a mini X. I like the mower was able to run it around my property today on some smaller woody stuff worked really well. Can't wait for the growing season to work on the roads I have lined up.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

It's a cat 304c.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi,
I have some more questions. NEUSWEDE, Have you used the mower much, if you have how did like it? I've been pricing them and they have options of thumb saddle and a roller. I am thinking of the thumb saddle but do you think the roller is needed?
I've been watching around on here for a while and there are some nice pictures and ideas. That's how I found out about mowers to go on excavators.
Thank you.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Hi,
I have some more questions. NEUSWEDE, Have you used the mower much, if you have how did like it? I've been pricing them and they have options of thumb saddle and a roller. I am thinking of the thumb saddle but do you think the roller is needed?
I've been watching around on here for a while and there are some nice pictures and ideas. That's how I found out about mowers to go on excavators.
Thank you.
I have been able to use it a lot. Heavily marketed it to my client base as well as the municiplaties I have connections with and paid off. Even have work lined up with a friends company to do some mowing. Thumb saddle would be good if you set up dul aux hydros so you can used thumb at the same time. Roller I think would get in the way.

It won't happen overnight to be busy. Up here I think it is still a new idea and many people could beat you out throwing 3 guys with hand held brush cutters at it for less but I do think it has a market.