Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2012, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Cool, thanks!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torotorotoro View Post
you are right. i did reverse the shaft pins to make it faster to load and unload. mayby it had something to do with it or maybey not. i still think the cast iron is very thin, and where and how it broke right above the weld really bothers me. yeah i can weld it back together. i can add braces to strengthen it. i can only put two trimmers on it .but i paid alot of money for this three trimmer rack. i dont think it is worth taking another chance or doing all that extra work. i did enjoy using it untill it broke.
Just weld it back on and brace it up. Maybe you could even mount it in a different location so it can be braced in two places.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The Fix from trailerracks.com

I've had the Extreme Trimmer rack 3 position/ Series one (gray/2006) and Series two(yellow/pictured) and had one failure to the front post (non locking) of the Series One model in which the shaft mounts were installed correctly. The design difference between them was the series one had a flat plate welded to the bottom of the post in the shape of a upside down "T" and the series two has a wrap around gusset at the bottom.

Both were mounted to a heavy duty 2" square tubing open trailer which will not flex and twist like the angle iron. However, the problem is still the weight and movement of the trimmers in the rack. Now the trimmers don't rotate or move within the rack but the rack still sways and bounce/flex on the trailer...
That was, until got the Engine Support Kit!
http://www.trailerracks.com/enginesupport.html

Before I did, I had already broke the shaft on my edger from the bouncing/shaft flexing on the rack. Since the installation of the Engine Support Kit, nothing sways, bounces or moves, no matter how rough the road. It eliminated all of these issues!! I highly recommend it.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob7233 View Post
I've had the Extreme Trimmer rack 3 position/ Series one (gray/2006) and Series two(yellow/pictured) and had one failure to the front post (non locking) of the Series One model in which the shaft mounts were installed correctly. The design difference between them was the series one had a flat plate welded to the bottom of the post in the shape of a upside down "T" and the series two has a wrap around gusset at the bottom.

Both were mounted to a heavy duty 2" square tubing open trailer which will not flex and twist like the angle iron. However, the problem is still the weight and movement of the trimmers in the rack. Now the trimmers don't rotate or move within the rack but the rack still sways and bounce/flex on the trailer...
That was, until got the Engine Support Kit!
http://www.trailerracks.com/enginesupport.html

Before I did, I had already broke the shaft on my edger from the bouncing/shaft flexing on the rack. Since the installation of the Engine Support Kit, nothing sways, bounces or moves, no matter how rough the road. It eliminated all of these issues!! I highly recommend it.
i thought about that also after the fact. good to know that it helped. maybey greentouch should raise the price $30 and include it with the rack
Old 01-15-2012, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
Just weld it back on and brace it up. Maybe you could even mount it in a different location so it can be braced in two places.
yeah i can totally rebuild the thing or i can look into a quality product.we will see which way i go. i am thinking of contacting greentouch to see what they say.if i do i will post what happenes.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

It seems like an awful lot of work just for a place to put your trimmers....

Old 01-15-2012, 03:30 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

The engine supports are a no brainer on the Extreme Trimmer racks, and really should be included in the purchase.

Richard it's nice to know your trimmers won't be stolen , and they only take seconds to load or unload.

Bad Karma ! hahahaha Not Toro.

2013 Exmark Pioneer S 60" Ultracut (Review with pics) http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=410996

2010 Badboy Outlaw 6100 31 KAWI

2008 Exmark Lazer Z AS 60" U/C 28 Kawi

2000 Exmark Lazer Z 60" L/C Kawi 4100 + hrs strong
Old 01-15-2012, 08:17 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
yeah i can totally rebuild the thing or i can look into a quality product.we will see which way i go. i am thinking of contacting greentouch to see what they say.if i do i will post what happenes.
Yeah, I would definitely do that and ask to speak with Dave. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
It seems like an awful lot of work just for a place to put your trimmers....
when you put your trimmers in the back of your truck things get placed on them and it always seemed that i was digging them out for a minute or two,sometimes they would get broken. i have had guys slam handhold blower down and snap off the spark plugs. throttle cabels will get pulled out when caught on another trimmer.three trimmers a, stick edger,two hand held blowers, and a few gas cans are alot to have in the back of your truck. but i would take these minor setbacks if it ment i would get my three trimmers back.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
when you put your trimmers in the back of your truck things get placed on them and it always seemed that i was digging them out for a minute or two,sometimes they would get broken. i have had guys slam handhold blower down and snap off the spark plugs. throttle cabels will get pulled out when caught on another trimmer.three trimmers a, stick edger,two hand held blowers, and a few gas cans are alot to have in the back of your truck. but i would take these minor setbacks if it ment i would get my three trimmers back.
There are other options beside putting them in the back of a truck....

The Extreme trimmer rack are nice and all but to get them to work properly without destroying themselves or the equipment that is placed in them seems like a lot of work or expense.

The TrimmerTrap racks and others like them are a whole lot easier to work with and significatly cheaper. The huge drawback with them is they aren't nearly as secure as the Extreme racks.

As many really smart people as we have here at Lawnsite and we put up with this nonsense? There has got to be a better way.