Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 01-15-2012, 01:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
There are other options beside putting them in the back of a truck....

The Extreme trimmer rack are nice and all but to get them to work properly without destroying themselves or the equipment that is placed in them seems like a lot of work or expense.

The TrimmerTrap racks and others like them are a whole lot easier to work with and significatly cheaper. The huge drawback with them is they aren't nearly as secure as the Extreme racks.

As many really smart people as we have here at Lawnsite and we put up with this nonsense? There has got to be a better way.
i am concidering all options
Old 01-15-2012, 03:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like the simple answer is that it needs to be braced in two places to prevent wobbling. The instructions I got for my 4 place rack did say that. I have had them for 2 season and no problems yet.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maelawncare View Post
Looks like the simple answer is that it needs to be braced in two places to prevent wobbling. The instructions I got for my 4 place rack did say that. I have had them for 2 season and no problems yet.
i was not aware greentouch made a 4 place trimmer rack. if they needed support brackets it would be nice if they supplied them.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torotorotoro View Post
i was not aware greentouch made a 4 place trimmer rack. if they needed support brackets it would be nice if they supplied them.
The problem there is that they would have to be universal. They can't make a brace that fits everyone's trailer.

Once more. Weld it back on and go to the scrap yard and get some metal and brace it up. It's easier then making a bunch of calls to see if they will replace something for free even though it's not their fault. And if you DID fix it and brace it up, you'd have it done already.

I will say that is sucks that the trimmers broke. That's what would hurt the most. The trimmer rack would have been welded back on and braced up before I would consider a thread on here about it.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
The problem there is that they would have to be universal. They can't make a brace that fits everyone's trailer.

Once more. Weld it back on and go to the scrap yard and get some metal and brace it up. It's easier then making a bunch of calls to see if they will replace something for free even though it's not their fault. And if you DID fix it and brace it up, you'd have it done already.

I will say that is sucks that the trimmers broke. That's what would hurt the most. The trimmer rack would have been welded back on and braced up before I would consider a thread on here about it.
what? scrap yard? im not sure it is worth fixing. the phone call would be good because maybey they have addressed this problem in newer models. it sounds like the engine support may help alot.maybey they had problems with them cracking just above the weld. we will see what they say. im not looking for freebies. or doing a bunch of wasting time welding
Old 01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

well i made one call to greentouch this morning. i was able to talk to the owner dave. and i got alot of great info. he wanted to stand behind his product and will be sending me two two place trimmer racks with engine supports.he also said they are concidering going back to the square tubes. ha has not had alot of this happening, but he has seen it. he said he wants 0%failure rate. he told me that the 4 place rack is only ment for inclosed trailers. i will be giving the extreem rack one more try. they are shipping my new racks today.when i get them installed i will add pic. he said that the way that one guy had installed the rack earlier in this thread was a good idea. and reccemended that maybey the 2 position rack would hold up better in my application. i did not ask about my trimmers to be replaced and nothing was offered.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

There ya go. Ship the old one my way and I'll fix it and sell it.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemower View Post
There ya go. Ship the old one my way and I'll fix it and sell it.
you have chimed in here 3 or 4 times. saying the same thing. if it were a defect and green touch wanted me to send in the damaged rack what could they tell if i had already welded it back together. i think that i could have called greentouch first and i would have. i just had no idea that i would get any response. usually companies just give you the run around. please orangemower quit killing my thread. i was too busy to do anything about it this summer. we have had some nice weather and i was cleaning my garage when i saw the broken rack i got sad all over again.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm glad to hear they were so willing to work with you! It's nice to find companies like that around still.

I didn't even notice your rack was the 4 place model, I'll say that's a lot of length sticking up only held by the base... It's unfortunate they didn't be more clear about the 4 place rack being best suited for wall mounting only.

I've had my 3 place Xtreme racks for about 3 years now and I love them. I had the trimmer trap racks before that, for about 5 years, and was sick and tired of having my grips destroyed by the TT rack and having them rotating around all the time. If all your grips are the same size the TT racks work decent, but when you have 2 different brands of handhelds it screws up the latching.

I question how square tubing would work though, because of how the locking mechanism is desigend the inner part needs to be able to rotate 90 degrees inside the tubing. I suppose it could still do that fine in square tube, just seems more logical having round in round.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
I'm glad to hear they were so willing to work with you! It's nice to find companies like that around still.

I didn't even notice your rack was the 4 place model, I'll say that's a lot of length sticking up only held by the base... It's unfortunate they didn't be more clear about the 4 place rack being best suited for wall mounting only.

I've had my 3 place Xtreme racks for about 3 years now and I love them. I had the trimmer trap racks before that, for about 5 years, and was sick and tired of having my grips destroyed by the TT rack and having them rotating around all the time. If all your grips are the same size the TT racks work decent, but when you have 2 different brands of handhelds it screws up the latching.

I question how square tubing would work though, because of how the locking mechanism is desigend the inner part needs to be able to rotate 90 degrees inside the tubing. I suppose it could still do that fine in square tube, just seems more logical having round in round.
no ,my rack was for three trimmers. someone else in the thread mentioned they had a four place rack that he braces up. i hear you about the grips getting messed up. not sure about the square tube but maybey there is a little more strength with the angles, making it more ridged. i am pretty happy with there response so far.