Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-14-2012, 05:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Question What rates overall is everyone getting?

I'm looking to compare rates. What are you charging customers and what geographical area of Florida?

Monthly? By the cut? What services are provided for the rates?
Old 01-14-2012, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I just typed a long reply and accidentally deleted it. Basically you are going to get 10 different answers from 10 different people. You can't compare apples and oranges. I have a 9k sq ft lawn that pays $400 a month. I also have a 9k sq ft lawn that pays $125 a month. Without knowing anything else, all you know is they are both have the same size lawn and one pays three times as much as the other. Hardly useful. I've got a friend on Lawnsite that lives on the west coast. We were comparing prices and came to the conclusion that I was making more per lawn, but he could do more lawns than I could. Mine were more detailed. His were more flat out mowing.

You know how this works. Time x the $ per hour you need to make. Some people will say they need to make $40 an hour solo with a tight route, others might say $60. Some might be able to get by with $30 an hour when things are bad, and others might go broke at that rate. And of course, someone will jump in and say if you are charging less than $80 an hour you are cutting your own throat.

For year round, billed monthly...How many hours a year is it going to take you? Multiply that by what you need to make an hour. Divide by 12. Pad it a little. If you think it will take you 35 minutes a week, figure 45.

I don't do by-the-cuts anymore. But when I did, I would give a price that made monthly billing seem like a much better value. On a lawn that I would charge $125 a month for, I would not have told them I would do it for any less than $40 a cut. But like I said, I don't ever give the option. Things may change, but for now I'll pass on waiting for the phone call to tell me to cut.

Last edited by Keith; 01-14-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaViper View Post
Monthly? By the cut? What services are provided for the rates?

Monthly. $750. Full service. Includes Eggs Benedict and Mimosas every Sunday....

Or something along the line of what Keith said.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenT View Post
Monthly. $750. Full service. Includes Eggs Benedict and Mimosas every Sunday....

Or something along the line of what Keith said.

mmmm breakfast. Cool.