Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 01-16-2012, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Member

lawn biz for sale in Florida

I am selling my established lawn accounts and equipment in Sarasota Florida, If anyone is interested in buying please contact me and I will give you more info. I am selling equipment and accounts together , not seperate.

50 plus accounts in and around Sarasota/Venice/Casey Key/Bradenton making about $6500 per month, can do the route in 4 days, most accounts have extra work done, trees and mulch etc which generates more income.

2 stihl blowers, 1 edger, 2 weedwackers, 1 hedge trimmer,pole saw chainsaws etc. most equipment bought for last years season and in excellent condition.
Low hours on Bbcat 61 inch deck zero turn mower still with warranties

Isuzu NPR deisel, enclosed trailer.

I have one worker who can stay on if needed.

This is a good solid business with good accounts that I have chosen over the past 6 years, mostly residential and a few commercial accounts.
Genuine reason for sale
Old 01-17-2012, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi,

What is your contact info?
Mark
Old 01-17-2012, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Member

you can emaill me lawnjockey@live.com
Old 01-18-2012, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Member

I would be very interested if A: Icould sell my business and B: I could talk my wife into moving. Good luck and enjoy nice weather.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What is a LCO Company worth in Florida??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwimaintenance View Post
I would be very interested if A: Icould sell my business and B: I could talk my wife into moving. Good luck and enjoy nice weather.

Just for the Record I sold my Lawn Accounts right after Hurricane Charlie when work was super plentiful. I sold for 25% of a years Gross or 3 months income. No equipment was included in that price, but I did sell a lot of equipment to my former employees who bought me out. In this economy I sure a Great Lawn Route in Srarsota (the second highest despostable income county in Fla.) might be worth more.

What you are Buying is INCOME & OPPERTUNITY. Before you jump on me and say I am pricing accounts TOO High, WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WORTH??? Remember you are buying income and a good businessman can expand easier with an established company than as a new start up. Buying a business isn't cheap so don't be surprised at the asking price.

PS a non businessman can also drive a going business into the ground real quick.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
LawnSite Member

I would say that it should be worth 30-40% of a years gross. I am looking at getting 40% of my gross income for my business. Not sure how Florida business would compare to here up north.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Just for the Record I sold my Lawn Accounts right after Hurricane Charlie when work was super plentiful. I sold for 25% of a years Gross or 3 months income. No equipment was included in that price, but I did sell a lot of equipment to my former employees who bought me out. In this economy I sure a Great Lawn Route in Srarsota (the second highest despostable income county in Fla.) might be worth more.

What you are Buying is INCOME & OPPERTUNITY. Before you jump on me and say I am pricing accounts TOO High, WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS WORTH??? Remember you are buying income and a good businessman can expand easier with an established company than as a new start up. Buying a business isn't cheap so don't be surprised at the asking price.

PS a non businessman can also drive a going business into the ground real quick.
I would say that putting forth 25% of gross for someone to add a quick $78K revenue bump for one year would be a safe bet in this economy assuming research was done to check the accuracy of the information given by the current owner, review of the accounts and tightness of route among other information.
What other business can you purchase with such a rapid ROI if handled appropriately at such a low cost in this environment?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

at the very least be sure to look at the contracts, and include a no-compete clause.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Any business is only worth what some one with money is willing to pay. Pest Control accounts are in big demand by the Big Boys and sell for up to 125% of a years gross. Lawn account while valuable, just might be a hard sell because most Wannabe Lawn guys don't have the Cash money or credit with a track record that a bank would want to gamble on.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post

Any business is only worth what some one with money is willing to pay. Pest Control accounts are in big demand by the Big Boys and sell for up to 125% of a years gross. Lawn account while valuable, just might be a hard sell because most Wannabe Lawn guys don't have the Cash money or credit with a track record that a bank would want to gamble on.

You hit that right on the nose about people being able to come up with the money. I am looking for around 125,000 for my business and not sure anyone could come up with that.